Video not so smooth

You are very wrong. I am getting the professional model because I am going to shoot 4K video all the time even though I do not have device capable of displaying 4k Video ( will in the future) and All my exported edited video will be in 1080 p HD. But Why am I wasting money and time processing it ? The answer is Sooooo obvious: I can do zooming and pan without losing quality in post-processing of the video for final 1080p HD video !

I know 4k is the future and you are going to get slightly better quality etc i just wanted to dangle the 4k carrot and a few of you bit,but that was sooooo obvious!! ;)

I already purchased PowerDirector for a lot of money. No option to buy another software program.

Have you tried the magic trim option yet? Its not to bad...

I get my 6 stops ND filter today, but the video is not smooth in 4K - 24 FPS - 1/100 sec.
Look at this:

Any suggestions how to improve the smoothness? I'm a little disappointed. Only 1080p with 60FPS work for me now.

I get my 6 stops ND filter today, but the video is not smooth in 4K - 24 FPS - 1/100 sec.
Look at this:

Any suggestions how to improve the smoothness? I'm a little disappointed. Only 1080p with 60FPS work for me now.
Nikon that video when I play it on my 27" iMac with a 5k display looks great and I am not seeing any lag can you tell me about the time in the video where you are seeing the stuttering? Also in speaking to a professional film editor he informed me that they all now shoot in 4K and have been an down sample it to 1080p when the end product is delivered, his words were the more picture data the better when it comes down to the editing a movie. The detail of the water and the birds flying is great. Have you tried a faster SD card, I am using the SanDisk Extreme Pro 64gb and have not had any issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So today I received my Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB memory card and take 2 shots with one ND filter of 3 stops.
One shot 4K with 1/200 (this shutterspeed works well for others on this forum) 30FPS and one shot 1080p 1/200 60 FPS. It looks for me that the 4K version is sharper, but the 1080p version is smoother. I know it is 60FPS vs 30FPS but it's a huge different in smoothness, even when the 1080p version is viewed in 30fps.

Please give your opinion guys on the two shots. Which one do you prefer? Oh btw, shots are right off the memory card, so no editing.

4K version:

1080p version:

I understand. But why stutters the video when i record in full hd and 50fps? So akward.

The frame rate does matter, yes, but don't forget that shutter speed is the most important smooth effect to consider. If your shutter is running at 1/1000 (for example), you just capture 1/1000 of light out any 1/50 sec (at 50fps). The gap between the captures are looong when you move fast (an example is rotation of the bird). Most high level video editing software (Premiere, Finul cut etc..) have a specific function to fill the gap in this case. The solution is the ND filter, that let you use slower shutter time, instead of 1/1000 for example 1/100 with 10x filter.

I understand Dome ;) But look at my video's above. Which one do you prefer? The sharper 4K or the smoother FullHD version ?

Ahaha ok sorry, I missed your previous post.
For video ... Mhhh difficult to say ! I prefer 4K it seems smooth enough... although HD is more practical .. On my mac retina display 4k is very good.

Okay I guess 4K is smooth enough, only for fast action 60fps is better I guess..
What do you mean filming without GPS? What have GPS to do with video quality?

For anyone having shaking/stuttering video, I accidentally discovered a fix for mine. Had my MP replaced by DJI for this issue. The replacement did the same thing. Video was jerky and stuttering regardless of slow/fast movement. At one point I received a brief warning "Video Positioning System Error". So I did a VPS calibration through the Assistant2 and now my video (from card) is totally smooth. Problem solved for me. Worth a try. Haven't had a chance to test all the various camera settings, but so far so good.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT