Video not so smooth

I already purchased PowerDirector for a lot of money. No option to buy another software program.

that's fine, but it's worth checking out which export settings work best and saving that as a preset. I'm not familiar with PowerDirector but I understand it's a good tool.
Find a YouTube tutorial or page where someone describes in detail the settings to use for your current version of PowerDirector.

I already know how to make a custom profile. But my video stutters direct of the camera when played with VLC or GOM player. So its not an edit issue.

I know, but then why is my 1080p50fps so stuttery when i compared it to the youtube video mentioned a few posts earlier? Its frustrating to buy a p3p and get it stuttering videos from it. :(

Last edited:
Stuttering in playback that isn't because of playback hardware looks more like strobing of fast moving objects in frame. It is caused by too high of a shutter speed for given recorded frame rate.

4k footage scaled to 1080 will look better than footage shot at 1080 as long as when your shooting at 4k, your scene is not exceeding the processing and recording bandwith of the camera. You will know if this happens because you will start to see noise, compression artifacts, or what looks like pixels/blocks jumping around when you zoom in and watch the video.

The P3P has more bandwith available to it than the P3A. Whether that is software or hardware related, in not sure. If the P3P shoots the same format (1080 30 or 60P) as the P3A at a higher bandwith than your going to get better results from the pro than the advanced at the same video format..

This can be checked, by shooting the same exact footage with both cameras at the same settings and then comparing the data rate of the two files.

Tested an hour ago, here are my results (may change for other users):
PAL:
1080p 50 fps - not smooth enough for me
1080p 25 fps - less smooth than 50 fps, not acceptable in my opinion
4k 25 fps - same, too stuttering (for me).

NTSC:
1080p 60 fps - REALLY smooth! This is what I want! No stuttering at all!
1080p 30 fps - same as 1080p 25 fps PAL (maybe a little better)
4k 24 fps - same as 4k PAL, too stuttering for me.

So, for me it's clear: I only use 1080p 60fps NTCS from now on. On my an other machines here (with latest hardware: 4th generation i7, SSD, 8GB RAM) same results.

So I stay with 1080p, 60fps, NTCS.

For anyone who use PowerDirector, I use this custom made profile:
1920x1080, 59,94FPS, 45000 bitrate, H.264 - MP4, Progressive, High Profile.

Thank you all for supporting!

I've noticed another issue this evening with a white spot in the centre of the frame, when the sun is right behind me. I opened a new thread for that, because it's totally different.

Last edited:
PAL:

NTSC:

So, for me it's clear: I only use 1080p 60fps NTCS from now on. On my an other machines here (with latest hardware: 4th generation i7, SSD, 8GB RAM) same results.

For anyone who use PowerDirector, I use this profile:

I noticed another 'little thing' now, but I open a new thread for that, because it's different from this problem. Thank you all for supporting!

Your mileage may vary depending on lighting conditions.. You will find you can shoot any format with smooth results in conditions with low light if you lock ISO... Or throw an ND on the glass

Yes, but with this option I get the smoothest result now. ISO was all the time at 100, so when I want a smoother thing at 4K and FullHD 30 FPS, I need an ND-filter indeed. But have no money anymore at this moment haha.

PAL:

NTSC:

For anyone who use PowerDirector, I use this custom made profile:

Thank you all for supporting!

I've noticed another issue this evening with a white spot in the centre of the frame, when the sun is right behind me. I opened a new thread for that, because it's totally different.

Cool.....is you tube excepting it? Will try after work....thanks man

I upload only to Vimeo and they are converting it to 1080p 30fps, smooth enough for the internet ;).

I have a set I shot with 1920x1080 fps59 (60) BR 39986 producing it now with PD. Using the H. 265. 1:21 Seconds about 35 mins to render Ouch!
I am using your Profile but had to change the BR to 38688 would not except 45,000 BR.
Then I am going to do the H.264 after.
Just short raw clips I trimmed out I'll post them to you tube and we can see that end of the spectrum. ( I may have Convert again with Brorsoft Video Converter for You Tube to except them.)
Vimeo costs extra for lots of files I thought?

SO I guess your happy with PD then... good...
Your sleeping now I bet vs the USA.
Cheers
And thanks for the presets I have such limited time and so much to do. and a wife :)

Last edited:
Just a note for those following about (High Efficiency Video Coding)

H.265 was originally developed as the 'HEVC' (High Efficiency Video Coding) format jointly by the Video Coding Experts Group (VCEG) and the Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG). It was approved as the official successor to H.264 (H.265 vs H.264) in April 2013. However, YouTube doesn't not support H.265 codec. That's why uploading H.265 videos to YouTube fail during processing. If you want to upload H.265 files to YouTube to share with your family members, friends, colleagues, etc. you'll need to convert H.265 to YouTube supported file formats first.

Actually, it's not as difficult as you imagine. What you need is just a common H.265 Converter/Encoder like Brorsoft Video Converter. With it, videos came from your 4K Camera captured in H.265/HEVC can be totally decoded or encoded as you want. Quality is as good as the original one. Just get the program and follow the step-by-step guide on how to convert H.265 to YouTube in a few clicks!

Here a good link:http://video-help.over-blog.com/2015/03/convert-and-upload-h-265-hevc-to-youtube.html $35.00 USD for full version without water marks.

I shot with 1920x1080 fps59 BR 39986kps P3Pro Raw
Produced with PowerDirector 13 at 1920x1080 fps59 BR 39564 Using H.265 (Not compatible with You Tube) in this format. No Ad-dins just the raw vid.
Converted to 1920x1080p HD fps30 BR 18373kps Using BRORSOFT Video Converter.

Power Director Took a long time for a One Min 21 seconds Vid (35 Mins to Produce)
BRORSOFT Converted Down in 2 mins Real fast.

It almost looks like the 50fps quality originally shot. H.265 seems to hold up under conversion as said.
I'm happy with the result ( could have used better ISO with the P3P )

You tube took it no problem and fast....

Original File size RAW Cant really say it was trimmed.
PowerDirector's size after the H.265 Produce was 391,268 KB
BRORSOFTS Converted size final was 181,737KB

You Decide.... Very short clip for sample results.

Note the reason for using Power Director is the add-in effects Music that kind of stuff. I could have just used the Brorsoft converter by it's own.

Last edited:
this is the reason im getting the advance model hardly anything supports 4k and your spending that extra money for no real reason!! what is the point in getting 4k then shooting in 1080p??
You are very wrong. I am getting the professional model because I am going to shoot 4K video all the time even though I do not have device capable of displaying 4k Video ( will in the future) and All my exported edited video will be in 1080 p HD. But Why am I wasting money and time processing it ? The answer is Sooooo obvious: I can do zooming and pan without losing quality in post-processing of the video for final 1080p HD video !

You are very wrong. I am getting the professional model because I am going to shoot 4K video all the time even though I do not have device capable of displaying 4k Video ( will in the future) and All my exported edited video will be in 1080 p HD. But Why am I wasting money and time processing it ? The answer is Sooooo obvious: I can do zooming and pan without losing quality in post-processing of the video for final 1080p HD video !

Not to mention the significant increase in image detail, even with relatively liberal amounts of cropping applied. People who don't know, just don't know...

I find out that when the shutterspeed is more than 3x the FPS you're shooting, the video is stuttering too. So I'm hoping for a nice ND-filter real soon, so I can shoot 4K 24FPS with 1/25 or 1/50 and not with 1/600 haha.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik