Video Effects and Color Correction

Reaction score
I usually do footage editing on After Effects, but I'd like to know sort of plugins or software that you guys use for color correction and a better image overall.
I do know about the Optics Compensation though. What do you use? Raw footage just doen't feel nice.

Let me know
Guido

I use premiere for lens correction and then fast color correction. Seems to do the trick on most...however there are times that I have to adjust contrast on certain areas of a film.

lsteigerwalt said:
I use premiere for lens correction and then fast color correction. Seems to do the trick on most...however there are times that I have to adjust contrast on certain areas of a film.

Appreciate the info. Going to try these two and see what I can do.

I usually correct the video from distortion (a must IMO) in Photoshop before editing the video in AfterEffects. The video does get compressed more than it should though, but AfterEffects' lens correction tools just aren't on par with what photoshop can offer. Other than that I usually do color correction with curves and general light adjustments with levels, usually with 1 mask or more in AfterEffects.

Final Cut X
- curves plugin for color correction
- fisheye remover for fisheye correction (although I sometimes like the fisheye effect, depends on the look your going for)
- color grading and other effects with assorted built in Final Cut effects and 3rd party add-ons.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl