Video caching

Reaction score
ok, thought I'd start this thread as some myself and from what I can gather lots of other people would benefit from some new information about this video caching etc.

Now I knew nothing of this until recently from browsing other threads.

.i have checked my app DJI go and I have the video catching on.

However I have no clues in the world what it does lol.

At a guess, I think it records in low red my flights????

If it does where can I find them?

I have also noticed but not played with a small arrow on the DJI go app under the record button.

So any information for myself and others on what this does how to use it etc would be great.

Darren

Update...

After typing this I thought I'd see what that arrow under record button does. So switched on phantom and low and behold the arrow does play some previous flights.

Now I wonder what the reason is for recording these flights? Also I think they are stored on the SD card in the bird right? Not on the phone or tablet?

Another thing is by haveing these videos recorded or cached won't that potentially cause your video feed to lag etc because phone is doing more than one thing at once. I mean if you turn it off would you maybe get a more reliable video feed throughout your flight?

Last edited:
high resolution video and your photos is stored on the sd card in your phantom, the play button will allow you to review those videos and photos when your phantom is on , turning on cache videos will record a lower resolution video to your phone's memory ( gallery on android ) , which you can review at any time , some devices work better if caching videos is turned off .

high resolution video and your photos is stored on the sd card in your phantom, the play button will allow you to review those videos and photos when your phantom is on , turning on cache videos will record a lower resolution video to your phone's memory ( gallery on android ) , which you can review at any time , some devices work better if caching videos is turned off .

Thanks, so where do I find these low res videos stored on my phone?

as suggested above mate, go into your photos/videos on your device they are in DJI_Cache folder..

I've used the Low Res cached video when I've lost the high res version .... but the cached version only works IF the recording is stopped before App is closed ... I've had App fail on me and left all the cached vids - but they are junk - as nothing gets them to play ... no recovery ... no changing file name ... nothing !!

If you navigate to Directory : DJI / DJI Pilot ...on your tablet / phone - you will find all the cached stuff .....

You can set Go to clear this automatically if you want ..

Once it gets full - you get a Warning pop-up advising cache full ... I've had it a couple times.

Nigel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen