Video and Still issues

Reaction score
Hi

i have been enjoying my P4P since Christmas but have had frustrating results from the Camera. While I have had a few great still shots I have had either horizontal lines which do not appear to be prop lines/shadows as they are very thin - they are show up in video every 20/30 frames - PLUS my highlights are marked with vertical lines , it is that though the overexposure warning is showing up on the final output. The vertical lines appear on both Jpegs and RAW the horizontal seem only to be on the jpegs.

My video, even when on the ground is very choppy. i have tried all variations of settings but my video only will record for 5 or six seconds before breaking up- i think it may be the ribbon connector- if i poke the cable while recording or viewing it seems to break up the signal but I'm not sure. While stationary if i am not recording the video seems to be better but if it hit the icon on the middle of the right part of the screen that toggles between video and still, in still mode the picture mainly looks good but if i hit record it starts to bounce.

I was about to call DJI then i hit a branch so now i have to deal with fixing my arm (apparently the new bodies are not available yet) I have tried both codecs, using all image resolution settings - but i have not played with aperture on the video.

thanks for any tips-

rich

I hope you don't have to send it back since you crashed it. I could see them refusing to warranty your camera issues due to the crash.

Hopefully it is just a setting or user error and it doesn't come to that

I tried to look at your pics but all I get is a message that says "You do not have permission to view media within this album."

What memory card are you using and have you formatted it in the drone? If the card is not fast enough it may produce bad results. Even if the card is fast enough there are cases where problems have been fixed by simply formatting the card in the drone.

Brian

I tried to look at your pics but all I get is a message that says "You do not have permission to view media within this album."

What memory card are you using and have you formatted it in the drone? If the card is not fast enough it may produce bad results. Even if the card is fast enough there are cases where problems have been fixed by simply formatting the card in the drone.

Brian

I have used the card that came with the drone plus one of the recommended 32gig 90x - both formatted in the drone - I will try an type .

Fixed permissions. I have a long video that displays both of the issues that showed up in the stills plus the video jumps every so often.

That's some pretty weird artifacts you got there -- I'd say you're going to have to contact DJI and perhaps when you do provide them a link to the images posted here. Doing that will let them see it but also let them know that others see it.

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl