Very weird V2+ behavior - 2 motors barely running & yaw turns camera

Reaction score
First off, I'm a beginner with a drone. But what's happening here doesn't make sense.

Crashed my drone learning how not to fly it. Gimbal flex cable tore. Right away I took the gimbal/camera off and checked the drone. It seemed to be working OK and responded to the controller – I flew it a few yards to see if it was OK.

When the cable came I put it all back together and YIPPEE the gimbal did its little dance when I turned the drone on, and was smooth to its vertical and horizontal limits when I turned the drone around by hand.

So I checked it out to see if it was still behaving itself and started the rotors.

For some reason the front and back left-side motors were barely spinning. The right pair were fine. Then I noticed that the yaw stick was doing nothing to the motor speed but was swinging the camera about an inch to the left and right.

Thinking that it all needed calibrating again I connected the controller via USB to the RC Assistant – all OK.

Then I tried the drone on the Vision Plus Assistant but got problems. In Tools, Advanced, I couldn’t calibrate IMU – kept stopping at about 80% and showing the little error triangle on the bottom right corner. Plus I’m also getting “no connection with phantom” on the Vision Plus app on my phone, too.

As it happens I have access to a brand new gimbal/camera assembly and it’s doing exactly the same thing with this too.

Anyone who knows what’s going on help me out here?! Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl