Very Strange FW Update

If you are having that much trouble with your tablet you may have to use the DJI Assistant 2 program to update.

If you are having that much trouble with your tablet you may have to use the DJI Assistant 2 program to update.
I started off trying to do the update with DJI assistant 2 but it wouldn't let me. It kept saying "can not do update" or something like that. So I did it with DJI Go 4. That got me to 99% and then stopped. I plugged it back into DJI assistant and it finished the update there.

I just asked because I'm down in Michigan, and we have about the same weather. I think there's a guy on the Autel X-Star Pilots forum who is in your area.
It would be neat if I could meet up with a flier with experience... a couple of lessons wouldn't hurt me.

No.... haven't tried that, but I will. When I do restart the tablet it recognizes it as a Phantom 4. It's only when I shut everything down and then try starting everything back up again without restarting the tablet that it thinks it's a Mavec. But as I'm sitting here thinking, when I start up I get the splash screen with the couple in the boat, next the phantom picture where it tells me that I'm connected and the "go fly" button to open up the app. When I shut down and then open again it skips all that and goes right into the flight screen, not connected. Maybe the app isn't closing down completely?
Yeh mine will do the same if I exit the app during flight to quickly record mine in flight and then hitting djigo4 again,also check you got plenty of space on device,could also check and see if firmware work good by clicking on the "about " under general settings at bottom, that will showork you versions

Screenshot_20180414-151213.jpg
if you got these version numbers the firmware good

Welcome to the world of DJI! You're either crashing it, bricking it, or having a lot of fun with it.

Reactions: Bobby T
I did this a couple of times and the only way to connect was to restart the tablet.

.......It just seems strange that I have to restart the tablet in order to get it to connect.

Your problem is in the USB port or, more accurately, which app or part of the OS has control of the USB port - which can be configured for many different functions. You just have to tell the OS what to do when your RC is plugged in.

When you restart the tablet with the RC plugged in and turned ON, the OS "relinquishes control" of the USB port to the RC... but OS is not (yet) programmed to give up (redirect) control when the RC is plugged in while everything is ON.

When you plug in the RC with the tablet ON do you see a little USB symbol in your status bar at the top left? If so tap it and choose accordingly.

Also, go to Settings -> About and tap the build number 7 times to start developer options. From there either go into developer options and start playing with the USB options, or go to Phantom help dot com and follow the instructions for optimizing your tablet from there.

Good luck

ETA: BTW, the GO app does not think you have a mavic, that's just the default splash screen when no AC is connected

Last edited:
And if so, were you still able to fly?

If everything on the opening status screen looks good, no popup errors, and on the fpv screen you have enough SATs and a green light up top - GO!

My startup sequence on a Mediapad M3:

With RC off and tablet sleeping, plug cable in each
Touch RC power button one time, waking tablet up
At lock screen, touch fingerprint sensor, wakes to home screen
Power on RC with short and long press
Tablet OS asks if I want GO or Litchi
Choose one and press "just once"
Power on AC
In GO, touch Camera button after it turns blue (connects)
Press "Ignore" NFZ database update
Review status screen while AC warms up
Ignore notice to update RC FW
Review all Settings screens and FPV screen info, # of Sats
After "homepoint recorded", takeoff!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT