Vertical Studio - Looking for Beta Testers

I really want this app but I would love to use my goggles on it. I guess tablet only. Ooh well. I can switch apps depending on what I'm doing. I will get it for sure. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Neil Mathew
We are making a change in our pricing for Vertical Studio.

Hi guys,

We got clear feedback from a lot of you that new users would like to try the app before committing to the purchase. We agree. So starting today we are changing our pricing model to a “Try Free, Buy Later” model. Here’s how it will work.

People can download Vertical Studio for free and try all features in the app, indefinitely, except for recording video on the SD card. To enable SD card video recording, you can upgrade to Vertical Studio Pro for $19.99 USD (same as before). We think this will help everyone experience Vertical Studio in a better way and we hope you guys like this idea.

We’re going to try to make this transition as smooth as possible.

SWITCHING TO THE NEW PRICING MODEL

FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS:
If you have already purchased Vertical Studio, you of course get full access to the new Vertical Studio Pro.

On Android: We have released a new Vertical Studio app on the Play Store and deprecated the old app. The new app contains an in-app purchase to upgrade to Pro. Do not delete your current app. I will personally send you a promo code for the new app.

On iOS:
the existing app will directly update to the new pricing. You don't have to do anything except click "Restore Purchase" when prompted for a payment to record.

NOTE:
The new Android app is now active. Get it here: Downloads – Vertical
The iOS pricing update is still NOT active. It will go live in a few days and I'll let you know when it does.

A few of you mentioned that you know of various groups and forums where people have been asking to try the app before purchasing. Could you guys please let them know of the change as well ? I'd really appreciate it :)

Thanks a lot!! And always, if you have any questions - reach out to us at [email protected] so that me or someone on my team can help you out.

- Neil

Here's a tutorial on the new payment method.
OMG Cant wait to try this in the morning!!!

We are making a change in our pricing for Vertical Studio.

Hi guys,

We got clear feedback from a lot of you that new users would like to try the app before committing to the purchase. We agree. So starting today we are changing our pricing model to a “Try Free, Buy Later” model. Here’s how it will work.

People can download Vertical Studio for free and try all features in the app, indefinitely, except for recording video on the SD card. To enable SD card video recording, you can upgrade to Vertical Studio Pro for $19.99 USD (same as before). We think this will help everyone experience Vertical Studio in a better way and we hope you guys like this idea.

We’re going to try to make this transition as smooth as possible.

SWITCHING TO THE NEW PRICING MODEL

FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS:
If you have already purchased Vertical Studio, you of course get full access to the new Vertical Studio Pro.

On Android: We have released a new Vertical Studio app on the Play Store and deprecated the old app. The new app contains an in-app purchase to upgrade to Pro. Do not delete your current app. I will personally send you a promo code for the new app.

On iOS:
the existing app will directly update to the new pricing. You don't have to do anything except click "Restore Purchase" when prompted for a payment to record.

NOTE:
The new Android app is now active. Get it here: Downloads – Vertical
The iOS pricing update is still NOT active. It will go live in a few days and I'll let you know when it does.

A few of you mentioned that you know of various groups and forums where people have been asking to try the app before purchasing. Could you guys please let them know of the change as well ? I'd really appreciate it :)

Thanks a lot!! And always, if you have any questions - reach out to us at [email protected] so that me or someone on my team can help you out.

- Neil

Here's a tutorial on the new payment method.

Great news Neil, I think with this pricing model it will completely remove the skepticism for some users!! The app is amazing & you will all be buying the full version within your first day flying with Vertical Studios !!!

Great news Neil, I think with this pricing model it will completely remove the skepticism for some users!! The app is amazing & you will all be buying the full version within your first day flying with Vertical Studios !!!

Thanks a lot ! I feel like i'll be answering lesser questions too since you can just try the app to find out :p

Neil I´ve been filming a lot of wakeboarding at a cable park here, they have a Best Line championship taking place on the 19th - Unfortunatelly (or fortunatelly) I have already a road biking race contract locked up for the same day. But if you want I can send you some wakeboard vids, both flying in full manual and using VS beta. Will purchase and try new VS with Walls for iOS today or tomorrow ´cos this weekend there´s a kite/windsurf event and I will have a go. Still, for many reasons I have a feeling that Walls will come handier and more usefull at the road bike race and "land" events in general, since I am pretty free and safe to fly over water (except at this cable park which has towers and... well, cables!).

Neil I´ve been filming a lot of wakeboarding at a cable park here, they have a Best Line championship taking place on the 19th - Unfortunatelly (or fortunatelly) I have already a road biking race contract locked up for the same day. But if you want I can send you some wakeboard vids, both flying in full manual and using VS beta. Will purchase and try new VS with Walls for iOS today or tomorrow ´cos this weekend there´s a kite/windsurf event and I will have a go. Still, for many reasons I have a feeling that Walls will come handier and more usefull at the road bike race and "land" events in general, since I am pretty free and safe to fly over water (except at this cable park which has towers and... well, cables!).

Thanks @AlexSP. Would love to see the videos you films. I'm so excited to check out all the videos you guys are uploading to Youtube. All our work...finally seeing the light of day haha.

Hi Neil,
quick question, any screenshot / screen record I've seen on top banner it says "GPS locked, safe to fly" as pic below

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1457656599.485471.jpg

I get "GPS locked" only & no mention of "safe to fly" is this normal as I'm wary of going any distance from myself see pic below

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1457656630.371072.jpg

Hi Neil,
quick question, any screenshot / screen record I've seen on top banner it says "GPS locked, safe to fly" as pic below

View attachment 46714

I get "GPS locked" only & no mention of "safe to fly" is this normal as I'm wary of going any distance from myself see pic below

View attachment 46715

Hi @Ptr. Good point. We should update our tutorials and banners. As you know, we keep updating and evolving the UI. Look at the left panel and you'll see that there's also a new "Orbit" feature on the screen shot you are seeing. This is just a natural evolution of the interface. Everything works fine :)

Hi @Ptr. Good point. We should update our tutorials and banners. As you know, we keep updating and evolving the UI. Look at the left panel and you'll see that there's also a new "Orbit" feature on the screen shot you are seeing. This is just a natural evolution of the interface. Everything works fine :)

Thanks Neil
I'm good to go so, yes updated app Monday & am itching to try out new walls feature, evolving it sure is

Hi Neil, Before I jump into buying the full app can you let me know the pricing strategy for VS. If I buy the full app today, will all new features you develop be free add-ons or do you plan to do what overs do and have in-app purchases for new features?

Cheers
Barry

Hi Neil, Before I jump into buying the full app can you let me know the pricing strategy for VS. If I buy the full app today, will all new features you develop be free add-ons or do you plan to do what overs do and have in-app purchases for new features?

Cheers
Barry

Hi @DownUnder, you're going to get the tracking, walls and path design functionality for the same price. We're not sure what other feature's we'll be adding in the future and to be honest, this is a constantly evolving vision for us, as I'm sure it is for you guys as we keep getting new ideas. So I can't comment about future as yet unknown features. For now - yes. Same price.

Awesome! Try it out. Let me know how it goes!
Yeah well Ive tried it this morning and was impressed that it did its job, but most of the time it loses the subject maybe because of the ligthing, and i also noticed that the controls are more sensitive using this app vs dji go app making me worry if i just need slow or gradual movements is there something i can calibrate the controls with?

Yeah well Ive tried it this morning and was impressed that it did its job, but most of the time it loses the subject maybe because of the ligthing, and i also noticed that the controls are more sensitive using this app vs dji go app making me worry if i just need slow or gradual movements is there something i can calibrate the controls with?

No calibration right now. Although the controls feel a little different, try it a couple times and you will get used to the new feeling. Either way you will not notice the difference in the video you film since the gimbal makes sure of that. Feel free to share any videos!

Looks like I'm late to the party to test. However I will buy it if it does as advertised. Can anyone members testify that the app actually works without bugs. Works as advertised? Which would be sweet. I guess you use the app instead of the dji go app? Is this correct ?

I bought the Android version of Vertical Studio and have used it with my Phantom 3 Advanced. Here is a link to a YouTube video I posted:
If you check my YouTube account I have posted a few other test flights of this app.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have been a Beta Tester since mid December 2015 and due to an error updating to what I thought was the latest beta version now have the trial version which does not allow filming unless I wish to pay. Have contacted Neil to be told that no further links can be forwarded and if I do not wish to pay there is a 2 month wait before any more will be released. I get the impression that now the app is now marketable beta testers who have risked their own equipment are expected to pay contrary to the message given out in December,..............Found this in the Inspire forum. GREAT NEWS !!!

Vertical Studio - Looking for Beta Testers | DJI Inspire Forums

Have applied, but just to clarify, once beta is over, do we get the app you sell for free, or do we still have to purchase...!

If you want testers, then you have to give something back at the end of it as well... 

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for signing up for the Beta! Who said anything about charging you guys ? This is going to be free for all our beta program members - forever. It seems that this promise is no longer applicable.

Reactions: DownUnder
No calibration right now. Although the controls feel a little different, try it a couple times and you will get used to the new feeling. Either way you will not notice the difference in the video you film since the gimbal makes sure of that. Feel free to share any videos!
Sorry I forgot I was on F mode lol thats why its not responding like I used to haha

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing