Vertical Studio - Looking for Beta Testers

Thought I'd add this here to clarify some doubts about the UI. Here's a screen shot of the app with all the controls labelled.

22ysBId.png

The main things to note are:

1. Blue box and green box. You can think of the blue box and green box like a sling shot. The blue box is where you want your subject to be and the green box is where it is right now. The app makes the drone close the error between blue and green to make tracking happen. Now try this. You can touch the blue box and drag it to a different point in the frame. This will actually control your drone to adjust it's framing to match your composition. i.e. green will be pulled by blue.

2. Buttons. I've labelled Cancel Tracking (self explanatory) and that button above it. That's the Re-center button and it works in two ways. When tracking is on, if you drag the blue box to a different location, and then press the recenter button it will cause the blue box to recenter on the screen. If tracking is not on but you're gimbal is off to an angle, hitting the recenter button will recenter the gimbal to home position (i.e in the heading of the drone).

And here's an excerpt from the main video showing the selection event on the UI.

Thanks for the explanation of the boxes.

One redesign query - how hard would it be to swap the camera/video switch to match the DJI GO app? (ie camera on left and video on the right)

The chances are DJI won't listen and it would be nice to have the same layout in that small area to avoid confusion.

Also if at some point the app could be stored on the sd card that would be a bonus.

Sweet! That looks like it tracked quite well ! I noticed you kept trying that direct pass under shot. Where you fly the P3 straight above you and then let it rotate as it flies over you to keep you in the frame. That came out really cool - we never explicitly programmed that behavior in but somehow the controller works. Pleasant surprise! I think what we'll do is optimize the control response to make sure that shot aways works well if it's something you expect to do often. Let me know! Thanks for the sharing the video :)
Yup, it would be great if the overhead tracking could be bulletproof, it's a nightmare trying to do that manually. BTW Are there any plans to include any telemetry on the main screen?

Thanks for the explanation of the boxes.

One redesign query - how hard would it be to swap the camera/video switch to match the DJI GO app? (ie camera on left and video on the right)

The chances are DJI won't listen and it would be nice to have the same layout in that small area to avoid confusion.

Also if at some point the app could be stored on the sd card that would be a bonus.

Oh! I didn't realize we switched positions for camera/ video! Ok that's an easy fix. What do you mean by store the app on the SD card ? The video does get recorded to the SD card, are you not seeing that ?

Hey! I just learned about your system. I have been flying and videoing for quite sometime now. I am really excited about what you guys are doing; am I too late to be a beta tester. I live in Taiwan, and we would like to be a part of something as revolutionary as you guys currently got going on here. [email protected]

Reactions: Neil Mathew
Came across this thread and signed up at the site. Hope you're still taking beta applicants! Love the progression of drones and apps, would love to see new features and improvements.

I signed up. This may be great for filming aircraft flybys i want to try. I really think you are onto something here!

Hey guys,

Some general housekeeping items for today. I've just sent out confirmation emails to EVERYONE who signed up either on Android or iOS, explaining next steps with either a download link or a note to wait for one in a couple days.

If you signed up over an hour ago you should have received an email that, at the very least, has the following information about our Feedback forum.
Getting Started Guide

While sending out the emails I noticed that a few emails failed because of invalid email addresses entered in the form. I want to urge you to be careful when you enter your email address in the form because if there's a typo, there's no way we can contact you. I've manually updated some typos like "gmail.co." or "hotmai.com" that are obvious but some aren't that easy. If you've signed up about an hour ago and haven't received an email from us yet, message me and I'll check up on your registration.

Thanks guys!
I signed up for ios and I do receive the sign up confirmation but no email since that. No download link email or similar.

Guess I didn't make the cut :(
Hey Keith. There's no cut..really! We're inclusive :) Although we've gotten a large number of signups, I think we still have space for a few more. If you've signed up for Android, you should be receiving a download link soon. If you don't get one by today, it may be that there was a typo in your email address or that it went to spam. Could you DM me your email address so I can check on your registration ?

I signed up for ios and I do receive the sign up confirmation but no email since that. No download link email or similar.

Yep! Don't worry and please be patient :) Like we mentioned in our email the iOS app is having some issues right now and we're trying our best to sort them out before we release the app to everyone. Basically it's a weird latency issue affecting the Inspire and we're trying to get to the bottom of it. We have you in our records though and I will send you an update when it's ready :) You can keep up with the progress here on Phantompilots or on our forum at Vertical

Hey! I just learned about your system. I have been flying and videoing for quite sometime now. I am really excited about what you guys are doing; am I too late to be a beta tester. I live in Taiwan, and we would like to be a part of something as revolutionary as you guys currently got going on here. [email protected]

Thanks !! We're really excited for you guys to try Vertical Studio too! We've been working on this for some time now and it's very rewarding to see folks like you being excited about our ideas :). Please do sign up for the beta if you haven't already.

Hi Neil, have applied twice but still no response. I am in the UK is this an exemption from this trial?

Should i get an confirmation email or something? I have signed up 2 days ago for IOS but haven't got anything back.

Oh! I didn't realize we switched positions for camera/ video! Ok that's an easy fix. What do you mean by store the app on the SD card ? The video does get recorded to the SD card, are you not seeing that ?
If you go into Settings and Apps there is a button for some apps that allows you to Move to SD Card. It doesn't move the whole app there but it does move part of it. For example the DJI GO app is 190 megs of which 140 is on the device and 50 is on the sd card. Every bit helps but VS is not a huge app so is not a big deal.

I got my P3P hooked up tonight but the colors on the video feed are all wrong. Any ideas?
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449627403.330047.jpg

And it may from some glitch that it took those hues from the led's at startup. I took it outside in the dark, and still had the poor feed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing