Vertical speed sucks now

Reaction score
what the heck happened to my vs? Used to lift off like a bat out of hell now it cranks for like 3 seconds then ramps down to around 6mph
Thanks

The latest firmware reduced vertical speed to prevent cracking in the cold.

is the speed also reduced in warmer weather? or was it just a quick fix for everyone across the board

I have found the VS is reduced at around 3.6V, or at 30%. Are others seeing any worse consequences from 1.6? I see my VS go from 11mph to about 6-7mph toward the end of the charge, around 30%.

No problems with 1.1.9??
Apart from not having the new features that came in 1ith 1.4.0 and all the bug fixes introduced over that time, have a look at your horizon sometime.
There's nothing magic about 1.1.9.

No problems with 1.1.9??
Apart from not having the new features that came in 1ith 1.4.0 and all the bug fixes introduced over that time, have a look at your horizon sometime.
There's nothing magic about 1.1.9.

I agree it has reduced capabilities and yes the horizon is a bit sideways but better the devil you know!

what the heck happened to my vs? Used to lift off like a bat out of hell now it cranks for like 3 seconds then ramps down to around 6mph
Thanks
You racing or photographing? Why do you need your quadcopter to do a bat out of hell? There are other drones out there for racing.

Reactions: Pumpfixer
Are there programmers on here who mod the firmware to allow faster horizontal and vertical speeds? I imagine altitude has been modded too right?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No it wasn't!
It was to prevent sudden voltage drop on batteries which causes a big crash - then you DO get lots of cracks!!!
From DJI's release notes:

What’s New:
1. In cold environments, propulsion output is automatically adjusted based on batterytemperature and cell voltage. Horizontal and vertical speed is also decreased to avoid triggering battery protection.
2. Optimized battery management.

Are there programmers on here who mod the firmware to allow faster horizontal and vertical speeds? I imagine altitude has been modded too right?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
No FW mods yet. we think we found way to bypass NFZ thing & that's all for now. i can't remember we got anywhere near customising firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl