Verified working 128GB uSD cards

Reaction score
I have been using Sandisk Extreme Plus 64GB uSDXC 1 U3 cards and they seem to work just fine in both the Inspire 1 Pro and the P4P, but given the higher bitrate of the P4P at 100Mbps I'm looking at upgrading to 128GB cards. With a 64GB card you may get no more than about 1:15 (hour and a quarter) from 64GB and you can burn through that with as few as 3 batteries and I plan to have 5 batteries. You could, of course, replace the card after 3 batteries but even then you could run a bit short at the end of the third battery.

So, what I'd like to see is feedback from folks that are using 128GB cards that work and additional feedback from anyone that says they've had problems with it. For some reason, Sandisk tends to be the preferred card maker for most cameras but oddly appears to have issues with DJI drones.

Brian

LEXAR 128GB micro sd works on the p3p...yes the p3p, so I'm guessing it has to work on the p4p, right?

LEXAR 128GB micro sd works on the p3p...yes the p3p, so I'm guessing it has to work on the p4p, right?

I picked up a highly rated Lexar card a while back and had to send it back -- it locked up on me during file transfer. I've always been well served by Sandisk, but I've heard others complain they don't work well in DJI drones. So, I'm a little gunshy to plunk down a c-note for something that might or might not work.

Brian

I gotta ask... why not just use 64 GB cards? Since you have to land anyway to change batteries it takes virtually zero effort to swap an SD card every 2-3 flights. Putting everything on a single 128 GB card is putting a lot of eggs in one basket, especially if they are not going to be stable.

2 batteries/flights easily fit on my 64gb SanDisc Extreme Pro cards...all I would want to risk...Use the SD EX Pros (SSD, CF, SD and micro SD) in all of my equipment and have never had a glitch...

I gotta ask... why not just use 64 GB cards? Since you have to land anyway to change batteries it takes virtually zero effort to swap an SD card every 2-3 flights. Putting everything on a single 128 GB card is putting a lot of eggs in one basket, especially if they are not going to be stable.
Very good point smiller!

Well that is what I plan to do, but it would be nice to not have to remember to change the card between flights. In short, it would be nice to complete a full session of flying without having to change the card.

Brian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan