V2P no live video confusion

Reaction score
Ok so i now have a Phantom 2 Vision plus Ver 3 that had a ton of problems i have them all sorted now except one. i have no FPV or live video or black screen (with no spinning circle) however you describe it, but i do have telemetry data. the camera does record to the SD card.

So, to my confusion with this problem, i have heard of slightly different symptoms. Some people report no telemetry data some do, some say they see a spinning circle some just see a black screen. Then there's the fixes for these, i have read a lot to do with the wifi transmitter and the different versions (with or without the holes). they get hot and have been advised to add heat transfer compound to the affected IC's, some saying the IC's get too hot and de-solder themselves slightly (in which case the arctic silver compound will not work) then i have read that the video coming from the gimble is the problem. also about using different antennas on the wifi extender, upgrading the firmware on something causes the problem etc etc.

I am suspecting that people are advising different fixes for the wrong types of symptoms, hence confusing me.

How do i know if the video is coming from the gimble and going to the transmitter?
Surely if i am getting telemetry data then the wifi is working or are there two 1 for video and 1 for telemetry data? so why are there two antennas coming from the transmitter?
Is testing the ping or mac address on the wifi a valid test if i am already getting telemetry data?
There is the controller transmitter what frequencey is this 2.4Ghz or 5.8Ghz? likewise with the transmitter in the drone (the one for video and data) is it 2.4 or 5.8ghz?

I am also trying to work out what the range extender does (this has also been mentioned to cause the no video issue), surely if it is able to receive a signal from the drone and it is mounted right next to your phone, then wouldn't the phone also be able to pick up the same signal. so why the need for the range extender? there must be a valid reason that i am not understanding.

Thanks in advance.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl