V2+ camera/gimbal change

Reaction score
:)Just completed my first flight after transplanting a walkera g2 gimbal /go pro 1 to my v2+ .
I have full control with the Lichi app good strong video no issues as yet ..of course I have to start the go pro manually but no doubt il get round this as once I'm happy the bird is stable then a good 3d gimbal and maybe a better camera .
The reason I've carried out this mod is because I'm frit to death I'm gonna damage the camera and of course we know they are not cheap ...the returns I get for the camera & gimbal will cover the cost of the upgrade .;)

Reactions: Brottworks
Good job, happy flying, we know you will enjoy it. Snap a shot for us all.

Reactions: Eric flat
I thought the Walkera gimbal could only be used with a Phantom 2... Not the Phantom 2 Plus.

I'd really be interested in making this gimbal work with my V2+ since my gimbal is broken after a crash. Couple questions...

Is this the one you used? http://www.amazon.com/Walkera-Brushless-Gimbal-iLook-TE066/dp/B00MF8012C
Did you need a mounting plate?
Did you setup remote tilt?
Any idea if a Gopro Hero 4 would work?

There are two versions of the walkera g2 one is plastic and one is metal .
I have the metal version on the v2+ And a plastic one on my phantom 1 .
I have an original go pro on the v2+ and there are no issues with balance ect ..yet on the 1 I use a SJ4000 camera but have use a small weight for good balance . I've had a couple of bumps with the plastic version but it doesn't seem to mind so it's durable ..the metal version I'm more careful with ..I should add that both versions use the same electronics .in answer to your questions ...yes to all 3 it can be done and quite easily .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    742.3 KB · Views: 381
WOW!!! I need to do the same or similar or give up on my PV2+v3
after I stupidly broke the ribbon cable mount on the Gimball board
as pictured-
20150712_122830.jpg
I looked everwhere for this Board 20150712_124627.jpg
and don't want to spend $500 to be stuck with the same later.
Sorry to be lazy, but are there links to the details of your mod any would be greatly appreciated...
THANKS,
Andy

Hi Andy yes of course I read over this link a few times before I attempted to carry out the mod ..it looks more complex than it is but once I got my head around it I found it very easy . http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2213815 . if I can help in anyway feel free to ask. Eric
Thanks- I have looked at that same link and was glad to see your mod-
GREAT JOB!!! as I'm more than a little overwhelmed and wish I could replace the **** board I broke...
Will look at the 41 pages again...
THANKS!!!!!!
Andy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor