UV lens / Filter Noob Question

Reaction score
Hello all! I purchased my Standard about a month ago. I must say that I'm absolutely crazy about this thing.
Have a question about the UV lens and filters. I'm at work right now so I can't check, but am I correct to assume that the lens doesn't screw on and off of the Standard like the Pro & Advance? If so, I assume a slip on filter is in the future.
Can you all offer some advice on a quality brand? I see this being a very expensive habit for me so I'd rather bypass trial and error on the filter part. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The lens do not screw on.
They are just pushed on.

I purchased the PolarPro 3 pack from Amazon. Comes with ND4&8 along with a polarizer filter

Look at
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help
ff660cbe8e7f7aa72c60dc527de01cd4.jpg

Thanks for the quick response. I'll check out the PolarPro's. Thanks again!

I have the same filter set and they seem to do the job. The fit was a little loose for my liking so I used some clear scotch tape around lens housing to snug up the fit a little. One wouldn't even notice tape on camera until I point it out. Fosko is that a Redfish in your pic?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the advice, and yes it's a Redfish. One of my other expensive habits. Thanks again for the help!

Very nice! Wish you wouldn't have sent it just as I'm going to work, but I'm off tomorrow so I can get a line wet then. Ha!
Couple of questions. 1) where do you fish out of? 2) which lens did you use in this video? This type of video is probably what I'll be using it for here on the wonderful Gulf Coast. One more thing, what's the name of the song? Nice tune. Thanks!

Well I was able to track down the song. Gonna stream some more of it tonight. Never have heard of them, but that song makes me crave the warm salt air on my face. It won't be long now. Just a couple more months. Thanks again for sharing the video. Really nice!

Mainly NE FL but I have fished all over the state back in my tournament days. Believe it or not I did not use any filters for this video, only because I didn't have any at the time.

Yeah, our area here in Mobile tends to stay pretty dirty. I grew up in Orange Beach which is right on the Bama/Florida line. Water is a lot clearer there which makes the fish a lot more pickier. Here in the Mobile area they'll bite just about anything. Curious, was that video shot on the East coast of Florida? I noticed all of the oysters and that was my first thought. I was guessing J-Ville, Georgia or the Carolinas.

I appreciate the input Phax. Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl