Using iPad mini

Reaction score
Hey all

Looking to get a used iPad mini for my phantom 4 drone. Anyone know if the iPad mini will fit and if the original iPad mini will work with a minimum operating system?

Hi yes iPad mini fits in the Phantom 3 and 4 holder just fine. I fly with iPad mini 3, it has 16GB memory, which imho is the base minimum, it works fine, but I do need to aggressively and actively manage memory use. Go for at least 64GB I’d recommend. You asked about ‘original’ mini - much easier if you state a model number and IOS level, but assuming you mean 1st mini, no I don’t think it’s powerful enough a Mini 3 or pref a mini 4 is what you need.

Reactions: Oso
Mini 4 gets my vote, it fits well in the holder, the size is just right, not too large, and not too small, same for the weight, sounds like Goldilocks.
I have used both Android and IOS, and am by no means an IOS fan, but in this case it works well with DJI. I would echo loz, get plenty of memory, I personally would not bother with a cellular model, only very limited advantages.
Finally if you really want a hard learning curve, you can get Autopilot on IOS, not available on android(I may be out of date here).

Thank you to both. I use to have a 16g iPhone for s screen and it was fine. Not really sure why more memory is wanted. It’s just for the screen I’d transfer anything over to my iPhone that’s 128g.

Memory recommendation is because in my real world use of a 16GB memory iPad (pretty well dedicated for flying my drones) it occasionally runs out of memory. Not doubting one can get it to work, just not well. When one flies the video is (can be) cached to the iPad / device - that’s very useful, but chews up memory obviously. That’s why the recommendation

So I got an iPad mini 2 32g and DJI go 4 won't load on my mini. Says not compatible, any clue or suggestions on what to use?

So I got an iPad mini 2 32g and DJI go 4 won't load on my mini. Says not compatible, any clue or suggestions on what to use?

Read my post #2 above - mini 2 won’t cut it as you found out. Go for a mini 4 at minimum, some are now saying it’s not powerful enough either (recommending iPad Pro) although personally my mini 4 is working just fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72