Using an iPad with no data for monitor on P4

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm new to the team I've had my P4 for about 3 months, I use my iPhone 6plus as my monitor, my question is can I use my iPad mini that has no data card. A friend of mine said he talked to Dji and they told him yes because the P3P & P4 has Gps and runs off radiowaves. He said it would simply be used as a monitor. Can you all help me out on this? I just don't want send my drone up and it takes off or something.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey everyone! I'm new to the team I've had my P4 for about 3 months, I use my iPhone 6plus as my monitor, my question is can I use my iPad mini that has no data card. A friend of mine said he talked to Dji and they told him yes because the P3P & P4 has Gps and runs off radiowaves. He said it would simply be used as a monitor. Can you all help me out on this? I just don't want send my drone up and it takes off or something.

Yeah, you can definitely use your mini with it. I use a iPad Air which does not have a cellular connection and it works fine. The phantom connects to GPS satellites itself so it is not relying one the iPad / iPhone for any of that data.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Man, cool thanks for the quick reply. Now I can use my bigger screen and not be scared [emoji106]

Reactions: dudemang
Make sure you're using at least an iPad Mini 2 though. The iPad Mini 1 is not fast enough to run DJI GO.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl