Use the P3A to drop things ?

Reaction score
Hi (and THANKS for this great forum)

Might be a foolish question, but here goes :)

Anybody experimented on attaching some kind of grapper arm on their P3 ?

It my dads birthday today, and I came to think that it would be fun to attach a birthday card to the P3 and deliver it to him by "airmail" - my parents only live like 400 meters away from me (by air), so distance wouldn't be a problem

I just need some kind of "grapping device" that can be activated by the remote - perhaps the C1 & C2 buttons can be used by doing some kind of custom programming ?

Anybody with any experience ?

P.S. I'm well aware that I can't make it today - have to wait until next year :)

Last edited:
I saw this kind of thing done in a vid once but he was delivering something that weighed more than a card. He simply tied a string in a loop and looped it around his camera with his camera aimed as high as possible. He flew to the destination and when he arrived he then moved the gimbal so the camera pointed down. The string loop fell off the camera and the package was delivered.

Reactions: dirtybum
I saw this kind of thing done in a vid once but he was delivering something that weighed more than a card. He simply tied a string in a loop and looped it around his camera with his camera aimed as high as possible. He flew to the destination and when he arrived he then moved the gimbal so the camera pointed down. The string loop fell off the camera and the package was delivered.

Ahh, clever and simple solution - just have to remember NOT to point camera downwards before package delivery :)

As "Noodle" wrote, I must do a search on the forum - did so, but didn't find anything - gonna try again

The Phantom line is part of a [nearly[] closed eco-system meaning there's no 'hooks' (pun intended) for users to 'tap' into or spare/unused control channels.
There is a kit for servo controlled retracts that uses the P.A.F.channel and some custom hardware/software at RCDepot but they don't sell the servo control module separately.
RCDH RETRACT LANDING GEAR FOR DJI PHANTOM 3 Professional/Advanced

This could be used for operating a drop mechanism but it's pricey IMO.

Reactions: ShelbyPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl