The link "appears" to be for a YouTube video, but it's actually driving you to a DJI webpage. It appears your link has been hijacked -- I'll report to the mods...

Brian

msinger, thanks, when I click on the link you posted in the forum I get the video, but the email I received about this has that link and when I click on that it takes me to the DJI website.

This is a copy of the link as seen in the email that was sent to me.

https://youtu.be/fJQ2u0A1SPc

What's different about the link you posted in the forum and the link posted by Iam the OP and the link I received in an email?

Brian

I looked at the link it was correct. I even reedited the link to repost the youtube link. Its still the same original link. It never link to DJI. If I were you I would look at your computer. You have a glitch of some sort.

IamWedge's original post now works as it should, but the email that PhantomPilots sent out at 4:07PM still directs me to the DJI website. I'm not an expert here but what it looks like is that someone has a way of changing the link so that it points somewhere else. I doubt that it matters, but I'll post the link I received in the email once again.

https://youtu.be/fJQ2u0A1SPc

I note that when I post this if I hover the mouse pointer over the link it says...

"DJI FORUM a little flight I did on the USCGC Sundew Bouy tender in Duluth, Minnesota
"

Actually, the link isn't posting properly as it converts the codes into the video. Let me see if I can post a picture showing the link.

Brian

Last edited:
OK, here a pic showing the link...

20180320_181254.jpg

I looked at the link it was correct. I even reedited the link to repost the youtube link. Its still the same original link. It never link to DJI. If I were you I would look at your computer. You have a glitch of some sort.

I am not the only one that has had this exact problem and PhantomPilots has had a rash of these attacks in the last few weeks. I've had three separate such attacks in that time and in every case it was not me as others have had the same problem. Just to be clear, I do not blame you at all...

Brian

It's not an attack. The forum is incorrectly converting those links to DJI affiliate links.

Last edited:
It's not an attack. The forum is incorrectly converting those links to DJI affiliate links.

Yes, well, perhaps attack isn't the right description, but this is the third case in three weeks of: having the DJI website open in another tab without my consent, having a huge ad banner spread across the window partially obscuring and shrinking the actual PhantomPilots page I was looking at, and now this. I have to say that someone, somehow, has access to the site at a level I don't have and appears to be able, with impunity, to redirect PhantomPilot users to webpages that were not requested by your users. This can hardly be explained as a mere translation error, however if it is a translation error then someone is setting it up to do so!

Brian

Why is it doing that? Those are link right from Youtube.

Again, not being an expert but otherwise tech savvy I can think of nothing that could do this by accident given the fact that this is the third such case in three weeks and it's not exactly the same thing. My guess, and I freely admit it's a guess, is that someone that's permitted access or someone that's hacked access is setting these traps up so it happens. One time, OK, something broke. Twice, not looking so accidental. Third time in three weeks and, no way it's an accident.

I'd perhaps look at the ad partner and maybe look at going somewhere else...

Brian

We have been dealing with highjacked links recently that was driving traffic to DJI. We believe it has been corrected now. ;)

Thanks, LuvMyTJ, I appreciate the effort, but I have to say the frequency of these issues suggests that this problem will resurface and probably within the next week. Someone is doing this and until he/she/it is stopped this will continue. Keep up the fight!

Brian

Thanks, LuvMyTJ, I appreciate the effort, but I have to say the frequency of these issues suggests that this problem will resurface and probably within the next week. Someone is doing this and until he/she/it is stopped this will continue. Keep up the fight!

Brian
We are always stepping up security where we can, things seem to have settled down so hopefully we wont see it again. This recent one was a widespread issue, not just this forum.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164