urgent help!! wifi module question

Reaction score
Hey Peoples..

I do alot of mods to the wifi module and other parts... but now I've accidently broken the connection on the antenna cable that plugs into the wifi module... the inner shell is stuck in the wifi module antenna port... had to explain without pics, but my question should do suffice...

so the wifi module is built of 2 parts... there is 1 board on the bottom and another board that plugs into the bottom part... the top board has the 2 antenna ports..

Does anybody know which of the 2 boards runs the linux system ??? I have a spare wifi module that is partly faulty.. apparantly... I am hoping the bottom board is the linux system and the top board is just for the wifi antenna's ?? Can anyone please confirm ??

I can't seem to pull out the inner shell that is stuck in one of the ports, so it would be easier to use the spare top board.. But I don't want to do that as my linux system on the wifi module has soooooo many mods that I don't want to loose..

If anyone can confirm which of the 2 boards runs linux that would be great

thanks heaps :)

anyone at all ?

Don't want to open up my wifi module to test cause its taped up so nicely....... but if no one has a clue then I guess I'll have to..

What happened to all the folks who were good with this stuff ? moved over to P3 subforums ?

Welcome to the technical world of component replacment instead of repair. It's no longer cost effective to repair small components. More efficient and less labor cost just to change them out. On computers we use to make repairs the the motherboards now at less than $100, it cheaper to pull and replace. Same as wifi modules. Get the word modular. Change out modules. Same with printers. Labor cost are expensive.

pretty sure I can repair it...
hard to explain but the outer shell on the antenna cable is stuck inside the wifi module antenna port..
I could either use my spare wifi module, and buy a new $5 antenna cable (not sure if you;'ve opened it up but its 2 boards.. 1 has the 2x antenna ports the other is.. something else, possibly/hopefully the linux component) problem is a) my original wifi module has heaps of mods done to the linux part, I suppose I could add them all back in.... and b) the spare wifi module I got for free as it apparantly has intermittant issues.. not sure if the issues are related to the antenna board or the other board...

Im going to goto a jewerly store to see if they can somehow get it out... they should have tiny little tools... theres like less than half a mm clearance so its stuck in there pretty well :(

No way in hell I will pay $250AUD for new wifi module :] I'll fix it... Thinking I might even be able to just plug it all back in, it all goes back in just doesn't click/lock... bit of glue might fix that... but yeah thats last resort.. I'll be able to tell pretty quick if the connection is good or not.

pretty sure I can repair it...
hard to explain but the outer shell on the antenna cable is stuck inside the wifi module antenna port..
I could either use my spare wifi module, and buy a new $5 antenna cable (not sure if you;'ve opened it up but its 2 boards.. 1 has the 2x antenna ports the other is.. something else, possibly/hopefully the linux component) problem is a) my original wifi module has heaps of mods done to the linux part, I suppose I could add them all back in.... and b) the spare wifi module I got for free as it apparantly has intermittant issues.. not sure if the issues are related to the antenna board or the other board...

Im going to goto a jewerly store to see if they can somehow get it out... they should have tiny little tools... theres like less than half a mm clearance so its stuck in there pretty well :(

No way in hell I will pay $250AUD for new wifi module :] I'll fix it... Thinking I might even be able to just plug it all back in, it all goes back in just doesn't click/lock... bit of glue might fix that... but yeah thats last resort.. I'll be able to tell pretty quick if the connection is good or not.

hey justin i just open my wifi board today and if you like i can send you some pictures if that whould help you with any idea ? let me know and i will send you some pics.

No its ok.. I fixed that issue.. well partly.. but now having another issue... affecting 2 diff wifi modules...
can see here

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/cant-connect-to-wifi-ssid.49310/#post-465720

appreciate the offer anyways :]
I was actually able to get it out.. but ya now things have gotten worse, not relating to this.. as yeah even on another wifi module I'm having same drama.

Everyone head on over the thread a few lines up....

can'tt figure out what is the problem....

I was thinking hmm a positive is I could use a powerful new FPV TX... but I remembered I've need a camera lol... pretty sure the camera is fine as leds indicare all goodl... but yeah....just want it to work thje way it used to!!

annoying as well cause I could of got new batteries/parts for my bday but because I wasn't sure if it'd fix the phantom or have a very expensive doorstop I told everyone to hold off on gifts for a while :/

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl