Urban Outfitters and Kent State

ProfessorStein said:
Really?
Whoever at Urban Outfitters that thought this was a good idea clearly did not have their head screwed on straight (or was too young to remember).

Urban Outfitters Offers 'Vintage' Faux Blood-Stained Kent State Sweatshirt

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/urban-outfitters-kent-state-sweatshirt

Incredible... What if you knew her and... found her dead on the ground...

WTF were they thinking?

-slinger

WTF! Unbelievable that this was even thought about let alone produced for sale. Some people are to stupid to remember the past. We are screwed as a nation for sure when this type of crap is seen as 'normal' or passé.

Four people died that fateful day...
Jeffrey Glenn Miller; age 20; 265 ft (81 m) shot through the mouth; killed instantly
Allison B. Krause; age 19; 343 ft (105 m) fatal left chest wound; died later that day
William Knox Schroeder; age 19; 382 ft (116 m) fatal chest wound; died almost an hour later in a hospital while undergoing surgery
Sandra Lee Scheuer; age 20; 390 ft (120 m) fatal neck wound; died a few minutes later from loss of blood

Learn more here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings

ProfessorStein said:
Herrrrrrrrrrr... who?

Not a CSN&Y fan, eh? (Four Dead in Ohio... ) :)

-slinger

LuvMyTJ said:
I wonder if a shredded shirt from a trade center jumper complete with blood & gut stains is next. So sad. :(

I think one of the comments tells it best...

'I eagerly await their "Vintage Columbine" and "Vintage Sandy Hook" collection'

mockingly, of course (but, come to think of it, in this day and age, that might not be obvious)

ProfessorStein said:
LuvMyTJ said:
Some people are to stupid to remember the past.

Those who cannot remember the past are destined to repeat it. :(

Indeed. George Santayana's quote has never rang so true. He used the word condemned vs destined, but I knew exactly what you meant.

And people are worried about UAV's spying on them when we have so many other problems to worry about.

ProfessorStein said:
LuvMyTJ said:
George Santayana's quote has never rang so true. He used the word condemned vs destined, but I knew exactly what you meant

"I've heard it both ways"
- Shawn Spencer
Touché my friend :D

LuvMyTJ said:
ProfessorStein said:
LuvMyTJ said:
George Santayana's quote has never rang so true. He used the word condemned vs destined, but I knew exactly what you meant

"I've heard it both ways"
- Shawn Spencer
Touché my friend :D

Either way... it rings true. and whoever brought up the "911 blooded tee shirt reference"... Apparently that's only seventeen or so years away from being fair game... Companies that actually condone this type of marketing should be hounded out of existence. ANYTHING for a buck? That is just so wrong on too many levels to even contemplate...

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl