Upgrading P3P after over a year of no use

Reaction score
I know this is kinda strange of a question but I'm pulling my P3P out again and have not flow it in over a year. Can I just upgrade to the latest firmware? Does anyone know or do I have to take steps to get to it... I know I could just try it and see but hopefully someone has a little insight.

Thanks in advance!

You can install the latest version if you're currently running firmware 1.3.20 (or higher).

If needed, I have detailed firmware installation instructions here.

I know this is kinda strange of a question but I'm pulling my P3P out again and have not flow it in over a year. Can I just upgrade to the latest firmware? Does anyone know or do I have to take steps to get to it... I know I could just try it and see but hopefully someone has a little insight.

Thanks in advance!
Note that several people have posted about issues with their P3's after not using them for a while. Almost all of the related posts say that everything still works, can fly, telemetry is fine, can record video and stills, but there is no image transmission to their mobile devices.

I suggest that you consider trying everything with your current versions if you can so that you will know if everything works well before you introduce changes such as different FW. Just something to consider. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
+1 to what Oso said. How many posts have we seen where someone just automatically updated either after buying a used system or like the OP, because they haven't flown for a while? At a minimum, turn off any automatic update, fire everything up and make sure that it works and record the versions already on the AC and RC. If come thing goes wrong, you'll want to know what you had before you started. And if you haven't flown for that long, you may not be aware of all the pros, cons and controversy with the latest versions. Do some research first.

If you don't have to upgrade, don't. I use both of mine at least once a week and haven't upgraded in a very long time. Both iPads have old DJI Go apps too. With all the trouble everyone has it's not worth it.

My buddy Vito is on a trip with P3P
And did latest update (7/6/17?) and now he's got no image transmission. Bird starts up fine. Green stays light ready to fly- but no image transmission at all.
Had him relink RC - and it says it's linked, but no go.
Any thoughts??!
It was flying fine before this. No accidents or extreme heat.

Update: he just let me know that apparently he had a corrupted memory card. Changed out the SD card and all is working.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl