Upgrade Failed

Reaction score
Hey guys

Trying to upgrade firmware, but keeps saying failed even tho controller is on, phantom is on and its connected ot the internet. Any idea?

Mine failed like 20 times.. I just keep clicking continue until it worked .

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just spoke with Support on this... (Caller 50 in Queue when I started waiting). They claim there are 4 Million drone users and a large percentage of them are all trying to upgrade at the same time. Their network cannot handle the load for the drone firmware. Problem is, the RC will upgrade quick and easy and leave me half way there. The Drone is a whole different story. Their advice, keep trying until you get through and get the download complete. This means power cycle the drone and restart the upgrade again. It is easier with DJI Assistant 2 (strange version 1.00.002)

Wish we could download (slow via FTP or HTTP) and place it on a MicroSD Card.

We are all stuck in the same boat. DJI needs more servers and better infrastructure to deliver the firmware updates. Since the DJI go alerts you on start, and the RC was quick, we all get suckered into this problem.

One more note... I was told DJI management is aware. I was also told the Support team demonstrated the issue to the managers today during the team meeting. No solution but to try again, for now. Unnerving, but I'll keep trying. I've tried 15 to 20 times already today. I'll wait and try again tonight.

mine is stuck at 99% plugged from iPad Air 2 directly into the P4, it's been at 99% for almost 25 minutes now. not sure what to do[emoji848]

^^ my status lights turned all solid red. which according to the manual means "critical error". that's not concerning at all.. anybody have any suggestions? should I unplug it? reboot the P4??

Had no problems doing new firmware
1 hook iPad to AC via cable plus short adapter (supplied with P4)
2 Turn RC on Turn AC on wait for connection, prompt will show- download new firmware (internet connection required)
3 When complete upgrade AC firmware
4 After upgrade complete hook cable back into RC as per normal and once you have camera connection it will prompt you to download firmware for the RC, once complete upgrade RC firmware
5 When finished reboot AC and RC......finished 15 mins tops

^^ my status lights turned all solid red. which according to the manual means "critical error". that's not concerning at all.. anybody have any suggestions? should I unplug it? reboot the P4??

Update: P4 fails to connect to RC [emoji24] I cannot get it to connect. I updated the RC and when I plug in the P4 directly to iPad I get this:

a08eeffe100d08cc6ff599d86f742820.jpg

the download button is grayed out.

I'm getting really irritated.

my first p4 had a bad usb port. It wasnt connecting. My second one connects great now. I havnt tried to connect with the DJI assist program yet, always usb cable direct to phantom and ipad. Try to take some test photos with the p4, then download them from the phantom via usb. If it doesnt work, you may have a bad p4 like i had. I cant believe that Dji servers cant handle all the peeps trying to download the firmware. Try to download the firmare in the middle of the night. I did mine a week ago at 8 pm mtn time. No problems.

Last edited:
It took most of the day, but tonight, it seems the server load was low enough that it completed in 10 minutes. Gave up on trying the DJI Assistant app and switched to DJI Go. Failed twice, paused twice then completed. Almost forgot that you connect the tablet to the drone and not the controller. All done. Safe to fly again tomorrow.

I updated mine and it failed a couple of times I just started over and finely it worked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka