Updating extra batteries after initial firmware update

Reaction score
I noticed something interesting today. In the past, when I performed a firmware update on the P4, DJI GO (at the time) would prompt me with a warning stating "Inconstant Firmware" when I started the P4 with one of my extra batteries that were not used to perform the initial update on the copter. I would simply insert my other (three) batteries and perform the updates on each.

Today, I began doing this with my three batteries that were not used to perform this most recent firmware update using DJI GO4, and I never received a prompt telling my that there was any inconsistency between the battery and copter's firmware. I then plugged the copter into my computer and connected to DJI Assistant 2, and it immediately told me that an update was required. I have since done this to each of my three batteries not used to perform the initial update, and they all show as current in DJI Assistant 2 now. I don't know if this is something that DJI overlooked in GO4, but as far as I understand it, it's fairly critical that the battery and copter firmware are in sync.

You will get an error if you attempt to do this with a battery that is charged less than 50%.
All of my selected settings were not changed after updating my batteries, but it is always a good idea to check.
The battery updates took a very short time compared to the initial update on the copter.

after my update , when I put another battery in and fired it up, no prompt to update anything , bird flew like first battery, same with the 3rd battery ...no difference in spare two batteries

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164