Updated GO and FW to v1.11.20 and no issues....

Oh dear. Sorry to hear about your probs. Perhaps you'd like to report it in another thread, or start a new one, as this is thread for those who've updated without any issues?
No problem. I have updated RC and AC and it is all without any problems. The problem is DJI Go app for android that is not updated to work with new firmware.

Reactions: Numone
No problem. I have updated RC and AC and it is all without any problems. The problem is DJI Go app for android that is not updated to work with new firmware.
Yeah, it does seem that the droid products are more problematic, probably due to the nature of the OS.

Excellent, thanks guys...

Anyone else?

7 AUG 17

Android version 6.0.1
Nexus 7 tablet
Go App 3.1.8
Controller 1.9.2
P3A version 01.11.0020

Updated and flight tested with no problems except for a twitchy a/c but easily fixed by damping the effect of the sticks.

Last edited:
I have problems with image transmision losing signall on android phone but not on ios phone.
I too am have problems with video loss and CPU fully loaded warning. I have been told by DJI that it is a Go app issue and they are working on resolving it. My iPhone gets so hot it is hard to hold not to mention I have to recharge after every flight.

"Anymore else updated to the latest versions without problems?"

Yes.
Just joined to say thanks for the 32 channel hack, came across this thread. So far no issues.

I too am have problems with video loss and CPU fully loaded warning. I have been told by DJI that it is a Go app issue and they are working on resolving it. My iPhone gets so hot it is hard to hold not to mention I have to recharge after every flight.
This is a thread for those without issues following the latest updates?
Anyway, here's a helping-hand with your issue....

Well, I finally got around to replacing my old patched up Part 33 ESC board and it took the update without issues! I used mini-SD card method and did it entirely on the bird with the controller off. Unfortunately though, still have the "mobile CPU fully loaded..." error message. I'm sure it's the DJI Go app. Very doubtful DJI will fix it as they are officially pushing P4's now. If you know of a good safe site to download an old software and firmware for the P3P, that would be awesome, along with instructions for killing out the latest firmware! Just wondering if it will be crippled when it logs into DJI

Yep I had issues with it.

Mine was that the quad hit the 100ft mark and wouldn't fly further claiming I had reached max flight distance, settings checked in the app and nothing turned on for max distance.

I was aware that the update means that you have to have the app running and connected at first power on and each subsequent power on but even though I did have it connected it just refused to let me fly out past 100ft.

In the end on iOS I had to be connected to the quad and then sign out of and back into the app before it would let me fly past the bubble. This meant me tethering my iPad to iPhone to get internet connection.

On my android device I had to uninstall and reinstall the app to get it to work.

Litchi works fine as well.

But I've seen no difference in how the quad behaves so am still wondering if the update was worth it, if anyone asks, if you can live with the nag screen i can't see any reason to update

Yep, mine did same, but I got the job done. It only took a few minutes of juggling before I tried the reinstall.
[ I always chuckle about the "spalsh" screen- that is how it is listed if you have a look at the file names]
That was on my second battery after the install. weird, but maybe tied to a battery update.
I do keep a spare p3a which is locked in time with one of my older pads, and is not allowed to update the dji app. I put up with the nags. At least then I always have a set which does go, when the brown stuff hits the whirly thing.

Most likely to happen just when it will be the most inconvenient.

Sod's law.

Last edited:

If they say GO app they must be referring to the underpinnings. The same problem also happens when using Litchi.

If they say GO app they must be referring to the underpinnings. The same problem also happens when using Litchi.
Well, that issue was reported 6 weeks ago and he's not returned. I wonder if it's a hardware problem - a failing battery or RAM memory full - both these result in high heat being generated.

Odd how there's so many owners who've updated without any issues and don't have the overload warning either. Why do you think that is?
Could be many things. Different model, who knows. I have a P3P and am using it with an iPhone 6 Plus and iPad mini. Both devices had no issues until the universal upgrade. I thought the 6 Plus might have had the issues due to the apps I use but it also affected the iPad which is exclusively for the P3P. Both devices get red hot while using. DJI Support doesn't know so I'm not even going to hazard a guess. Fact is, worked great before, not after. There are many, many users experiencing the same thing. If you browse this Forum, DJI forum and many more out there , it seems to be cross platform but always related to the previous DJI Go app. I don't know if the issues cross over to the DJI Go 4 app users but of course my P3P is not compatible with Go 4.

Could be many things. Different model, who knows. I have a P3P and am using it with an iPhone 6 Plus and iPad mini. Both devices had no issues until the universal upgrade. I thought the 6 Plus might have had the issues due to the apps I use but it also affected the iPad which is exclusively for the P3P. Both devices get red hot while using. DJI Support doesn't know so I'm not even going to hazard a guess. Fact is, worked great before, not after. There are many, many users experiencing the same thing. If you browse this Forum, DJI forum and many more out there , it seems to be cross platform but always related to the previous DJI Go app. I don't know if the issues cross over to the DJI Go 4 app users but of course my P3P is not compatible with Go 4.
I can understand how frustrating it must be. Guess you can rollback as others have done.

Reactions: Allen B
Yes, probably. I’ve been looking around the net and haven’t found solid instructions for rolling back from v1.11.2 to a pre-issue version for both DJI-Go and compatible bios. I’m fairly sure that part of the upgrade involved some required safety upgrades like losing the ability to fly beyond 100ft with just the controller. If anyone has a link to a successful downgrade bios and method. Please share

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164