Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Update on my crash and attempted repair.

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by Bob Langlois, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Bob Langlois

I replaced the roll arm, yaw arm and ribbon cable. I checked and double checked all of the alignments. All motors move freely and smoothly with no power applied. I am attaching a video of the gruesome results of my efforts. I'm getting a "Gimbal Motor Overload" message. No indication of which motor. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated. Either for repair ideas or an authorized repair facility, preferably in the Southern New Hampshire area.

SOLVED

I had the motor shaft that attaches to the camera installed 180 degrees from the correct position.

#1 Bob Langlois, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    jeganx likes this.
  2. LK8472

I'm glad you got this solved. I laughed so hard watching the thing freak out. I would have had no clue what to do.

Bob Langlois likes this.
  3. flyinghost

Wow that is pretty scary haha very happy you figure it out!Nice to see some people are not afraid to open and try by them self!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using PhantomPilots mobile app

4. Bob Langlois

It was pretty scary when I first turned it on. I am a tool and die maker and am used to working on small, intricate assemblies. $65 in parts and a few hours in time. I posted the same video on the DJI Forum and one of the members there zeroed right in on the problem. I got lucky. Flew it today and found everything working just great. It does feel good to have done it myself, with some help.

Gutch likes this.
  5. flyinghost

6. Ohiowoodsman

l thought maybe the thing was wet an trying to skake it off.
    Good Job!

Bob Langlois likes this.