Update firmware without USB port?

Reaction score
I had a crash, broke the gimbal and ribbon cable, and one of the legs.
I have repaired the gimbal and cable, works well. Ditto for the legs.
Now it is time to update the firmware - and I can't because apparently the USB port is not working. Took the gimbal base plate off, removed the board with the USB and microSD ports on it, all looks well. Tried to update using my phone and the DJI supplied OTG cable; DJI Assistant 2 on a MAC and a PC, two different USB cables. None of them recognize a connection to the drone. So I assume the USB port is somehow damaged.
Is there a way to find and download the newest firmware to a microSD card, then boot the drone with that card in place? Or am I just stuck with Update Firmware notifications for the rest of the life of the drone.
Thanks!

I had a crash, broke the gimbal and ribbon cable, and one of the legs.
I have repaired the gimbal and cable, works well. Ditto for the legs.
Now it is time to update the firmware - and I can't because apparently the USB port is not working. Took the gimbal base plate off, removed the board with the USB and microSD ports on it, all looks well. Tried to update using my phone and the DJI supplied OTG cable; DJI Assistant 2 on a MAC and a PC, two different USB cables. None of them recognize a connection to the drone. So I assume the USB port is somehow damaged.
Is there a way to find and download the newest firmware to a microSD card, then boot the drone with that card in place? Or am I just stuck with Update Firmware notifications for the rest of the life of the drone.
Thanks!
Try download and then use OTG adapter to drone and device, don't worrie about asistant, can be done yourself,,once downloaded to your device ,straight from device to drone and press update,,hope this works for you...yes can download firmware to sd card and put in drone,that's done with your computer,,,can be updated either way,,hey what country you in,,I got some new p4p legs complete with anttennas wires still in packet I buy for p4s but no fit silly me

Last edited by a moderator:
Try download and then use OTG adapter to drone and device, don't worrie about asistant, can be done yourself,,once downloaded to your device ,straight from device to drone and press update,,hope this works for you...yes can download firmware to sd card and put in drone,that's done with your computer,,,can be updated either way,,hey what country you in,,I got some new p4p legs complete with anttennas wires still in packet I buy for p4s but no fit silly me
Hi Ian!
Can't use an OTG adapter - the USB port on the drone does not work.
I'm in the USA, actually have spare legs already! But thanks for asking.

If it will fly, I'd never update the firmware! Read the posts about new restrictions with GEO fencing and NFZ's being imposed with the later upgrades! My V 2.0 has the original firmware with no upgrades however I only fly with Litchi. I've not had a problem doing this and I have flown Litchi for over 2 years total with no demands to upgrade.

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT