Upcoming DJI Go 4 update

LOL
DJI is enforcing updates by disabling already sold product.

Better downgrade your stuf as deep as you can, because after that update you will totally dependable of DJI and your stuff will not take off before checking and updating NFZ's.

Another crucial change in already sold product. I think it may be a reason for return product, especially by the law of European Union countries and i have hope a people will return that crap and DJI get financial impact.

From a point of view of air-law in my country - there is nothing required by a law what DJI is bringing here - GO HOME DJI - nobody want or need you there.

Really good of a piece of engineering work, but terrible policy. All GEO crap should be optional, all NFZ should be optional because a responsibility is in a hands of UAV operator.
GEO may have good informational role, and it that would be really good ONLY when it would inform about potential danger.
After information, a decision about flying should be up to UAV operator, without communication with DJI.

Unfortunately, DJI want to be a airspace gatekeeper. Nobody like gatekeeper on free area, and airspace IS free are as roads are.
Cars are not requiring authorisations and they have no NoDriveZones implemented. Responsibility is up to the driver.

Reactions: JWH
I do not know. I think we need to do a network analysis of litchi to see where it is connecting.
Litchi is using DJI API so may contain DJI crap no matter Litchi authors want it or not.
It may have deeply installed commands for make some connection and may disable the drone.

Only one way to prevent it is just disable internet access, downgrade f/w and never connect to the internet.

Someone who will decide to 'activate' again his bird may do the network traffic analysis and tell the rest where app is connecting on what port and then we will able to disable it on firewall.

LOL

Better downgrade your stuf as deep as you can, because after that update you will totally dependable of DJI and your stuff will not take off before checking and updating NFZ's.

Another crucial change in already sold product. I think it may be a reason for return product, especially by the law of European Union countries and i have hope a people will return that crap and DJI get financial impact.

From a point of view of air-law in my country - there is nothing required by a law what DJI is bringing here - GO HOME DJI - nobody want or need you there.

Really good of a piece of engineering work, but terrible policy. All GEO crap should be optional, all NFZ should be optional because a responsibility is in a hands of UAV operator.
GEO may have good informational role, and it that would be really good ONLY when it would inform about potential danger.
After information, a decision about flying should be up to UAV operator, without communication with DJI.

Unfortunately, DJI want to be a airspace gatekeeper. Nobody like gatekeeper on free area, and airspace IS free are as roads are.
Cars are not requiring authorisations and they have no NoDriveZones implemented. Responsibility is up to the driver.

What I do not get and have seen No Other Post is this. I paid good Money For my Phantom 4 Drone WITH ALL IT's SPECS. You can't later do a Change up in the Middle of the Process, Seems to me Buyers are Protected here for Older DRONES, "Grandfathered" in so to speak. I have only read that if you DO not do the Update (Which no one seems to know yet what it does) then it will Cripple the Drone, But doing it, Should Not Change Thing. If the UPdate changes, restricts anything from the Specs for the Drone you Purchased, You and a Whole Lot of others can send them Back for a Full Refund. If DJI really locked the Current drones down Heavily, they could have 1000's Coming back for a Refund and I am sure they don't want that. It is like any Product sold in America, If the Product does Not do as Advertised, Law states you can Return for a Full Refund, Exchange or whatever the Case might Be, so I Guess next week we will know. All I read is it has something to do with Over seas??? What am I missing? Anything???

LOL

This is what I have been trying to say...Although I read today it's to Control a New Product Being Released on the 24'th, That sounds More Probable than Other Theories., But anyway Kyokushin, I have Stated : What I do not get and have seen No Other Post is this. I paid good Money For my Phantom 4 Drone WITH ALL IT's SPECS. You can't later do a Change up in the Middle of the Process, Seems to me Buyers are Protected here for Older DRONES, "Grandfathered" in so to speak. I have only read that if you DO not do the Update (Which no one seems to know yet what it does) then it will Cripple the Drone, But doing it, Should Not Change Thing. If the UPdate changes, restricts anything from the Specs for the Drone you Purchased, You and a Whole Lot of others can send them Back for a Full Refund. If DJI really locked the Current drones down Heavily, they could have 1000's Coming back for a Refund and I am sure they don't want that. It is like any Product sold in America, If the Product does Not do as Advertised, Law states you can Return for a Full Refund, Exchange or whatever the Case might Be, so I Guess next week we will know. All I read is it has something to do with Over seas??? What am I missing? Anything???

I paid good Money For my Phantom 4 Drone WITH ALL IT's SPECS. You can't later do a Change up in the Middle of the Process, Seems to me Buyers are Protected here for Older DRONES, "Grandfathered" in so to speak.

We're talking about firmware in the drones and software in the apps. Like it or not, I'm willing to bet that if you drill down into the Terms of Service that we all agreed to when we installed them, DJI has covered itself when it comes to making future changes and restrictions.

We're talking about firmware in the drones and software in the apps. Like it or not, I'm willing to bet that if you drill down into the Terms of Service that we all agreed to when we installed them, DJI has covered itself when it comes to making future changes and restrictions.
Yip just read it in p4 disclaimer and warning section in phantom 4 guidelines book ,,interesting read,,,:)

Yip just read it in p4 disclaimer and warning section in phantom 4 guidelines book ,,interesting read,,,:)
14956067727301143691757.jpg

It happens all the time that automobile companies issue recalls due to safety issues. Do you think that car owners should stand on their right to use the car as they bought it, and refuse to comply with the recall?

It happens all the time that automobile companies issue recalls due to safety issues. Do you think that car owners should stand on their right to use the car as they bought it, and refuse to comply with the recall?
If a car is recalled because of a safety issue, it didn't work as advertised and the manufacturer is obligated to make it right. But as said, DJI won't take action without some bullet proof fine print to back it up.

Taking a look at the upcoming "zones", I can see where there will be a lot of flight's in the "enhanced warning" zone's, requiring an unlock authorization on the GO app. No mention of limiting performance for this zone. My big question is, will Litchi show these warnings,and, if so, will we be able to use the Litchi app to unlock or authorize that area? Normally I don't use my GO app at all while flying, guess time will answer this one

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj