Unused Aircraft Check?

Reaction score
I bought a P4P from an ad on here that claimed it was a DJI warranty replacement bird that had never been flown and only powered on once. I received the P4P and it was somewhat dirty, but looked potentially new after I cleaned it (IR sensors had plastic film still in place, etc...). Is there any way for me to tell if the aircraft has been flown? How about if the gimbal and/or camera were swapped? I hooked up the aircraft and retrieved the FLYxxx.DAT files from the aircraft, tried to use DATCON to read them, but have had no luck extracting a CSV with it on my Mac.

So if the FLY000.DAT file date is from 2017-12-18, does that mean that was the first time that the aircraft was powered on and logged data? Could somebody, outside of DJI, deleted the original DAT files from before (I'm guessing that's not possible) If I were able to read the DAT log, would it show the proper serial number for the Camera and Gimbal? Is there another way to go about this?

The P4P appears to fly just fine and the camera seems to be working as well, but this transaction has made me nervous since since some of the accessories were not as the were promised to be (i.e. batteries are for a P4 and not the longer lasting P4P batteries).

Thanks in advance for your help and advice!

A brand new unit when powered will ask you to register with DJI.

A brand new unit when powered will ask you to register with DJI.

The seller stated that it had ben powered on once before. Via the dates on the DAT files it looks like it may have been powered on a couple times before, so I was curious about how new it was since it was stated to be a new replacement from DJI for warranty repair work. I'm also wondering what other things I could check to see if they are new (gimbal, camera, etc...)?

The seller stated that it had ben powered on once before. Via the dates on the DAT files it looks like it may have been powered on a couple times before, so I was curious about how new it was since it was stated to be a new replacement from DJI for warranty repair work. I'm also wondering what other things I could check to see if they are new (gimbal, camera, etc...)?
Get home page up and click those 3 lines at top,it will then bring up flight records if any
Screenshot_20180215-115821.jpg
,unsure how to check if cam new but just looking inside batt compartment might show some sliding wear from batt going in or out,,,

Only my flight records show up there, so I wasn't sure if records from a previously connected account would show up in my flight records.

Yeh good question ,you probly need his email address for that,bit odd he gave you a p4 batt,I use the pro battery's in my p4s for longer flight times,have you been in contact with seller,might have give you wrong batt without knowing,probly a good drone if had bit plastic still stuck to it,always good sign,I did read a post recently here about serial number check,says which phantom ,year,I just have quick look see if I find it

Get home page up and click those 3 lines at top,it will then bring up flight records if anyView attachment 95084 ,unsure how to check if cam new but just looking inside batt compartment might show some sliding wear from batt going in or out,,,
That will only show flights done with that tablet or synched to your account - not previous flights done by someone else with a different tablet.

I had a couple of these advance exchanges where they send repaired and tested phantoms them fix and test yours before they give jtyours to someone else. It sure beats sitting at home with nothing to fly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor