Yes. He replied back to me on YouTube and I was able to downgrade AC firmware back to 1.03.950 or whatever it was before nightmare began. Now I am able to disable NFZ.,....Or so I think. Just have to get out of my "safe" neighborhood to test it.

On P4P or another drone? What firmware were you on?

@Digdat0 Thanks for your help on your youtube video. Can you shed light on this?? >>

I'm on FW 01.04.0602 on my P4P. I've modified these settings...and *MOST* of them work upon resetting the bird. The problem for me is I cant locate the 2 settings you've changed RE: disable_airport_fly_limit (only a _debug _ in this filter category)... same with cfg_limit_data with a data range, neither are there, but the rest looks to have worked. *UPDATE* On P4P ar at least this firmware, the max Speed reverts back. Will not stay at 20 and changes back to 10 on bird restart. Any ideas, or firmware limitation?

This happened to me in an area that was unrestricted. 20 feet up in the air i get the warning. Thankfully it didn't auto land as i was on a boat in the ocean and managed to get the drone back to the boat. About 1 km away on land i tried again and it flew fine. I actually flew over the area i was in the boat... strange, and scary

can you please PM me with a link to logs for this flight? Something doesn't sound right and want to pass them to engineering.

DJI should have two categories for US, if you have you pilots license it should give you a "free" card to fly anyplace you choose (like in the "old" days), If you don't have a licence then some form of this registration they are shoving down our ....., but as the head said must be a RTH in this case. Last week I lost a $300 job and 3 hrs when I arrived to shoot a house for sale and had no internet, no cell, and thus no AUV fly. I so wish DJI had a true competitor then this crap would not happen!

This dji unlock process is ridiculous and full of wasted time, duplication and unnecessary complication creating errors and more wasted time. They nearly destroyed my P4P+ and came very close to damaging badly it at the very least by it's idiotic "Ok your too near a NO-FLY zone I'm landing NOW" . . and you can't do anything about it. . . ha.ha.

Yesterday30 Jul17 I went out near sunset to film a nature reserve near a local Airport, (about a mile away). I had already requested and received dji UNLOCK for 9km around. . . for 3 months . . With "ready to fly" showing I took off and approached the reserve (and the airport) and was stopped by your "No-fly" as if I was not authorized. As I looked to ensure my unlock was still valid the Phantom4 initiated an immediate UNCOMMANDED autoland that I could not stop. It was only by shear luck it was over a 6 ft wide pathway with few overhanging trees and it landed safely and shut down. (680feet from me). 20 ft away on either side was swamp, trees and cornfield. I could not have even gotten near it to catch it if there were obstacles in the way. I thought it was going into the swamp! . .30 seconds later and it likely would have.

It took me 15 min and 4-5 attempts just to reconfirm my UNLOCK reconnect the machine. This was due to the fact there were now TWO unlock entries and one did not work. The other UNLOCK threw up a "call back" message window asking me to enter the code on my phone in a BLANK grey window with only a button called VERIFY and no place to enter the code. After a second attempt with the second call back code I figured out finally that, that window would scroll and acknowledge a "tap" that brings up the keyboard so I could enter the code before it expired in 5 MINUTES!..

They need to UNLOCK based on an authorization code tied to a person who has the machine. . . not go through that song and dance every time. Enter your authorization and it's up to the person to be responsible for the flight. DJI should not be controlling this anyway, Transport Canada should. DJI should just make it possible for them to exercise control over machines in their jurisdiction.

Fort Benning which is adjacent to Columbus, Georgia, had DJI create a 30KM restricted area to cover the post. However that restriction also covered all of Columbus and other surrounding civilian communities. It took us a month to get the unlock to work. There were a number of drone fliers and at least one drone business owner affected. Fort Benning was made aware of their error, but so far nothing has been done. I intend to buy a non-DJI drone for my next purchase.

Yep, sounds like the entire DJI Customer Support team is now in charge of all firmware upgrades! I've never read of so much discontent for any one company. DJI does make a good product until something happens then you are basically on your own. Just try to send your drone back to them for "repair"! I'll never do that AGAIN.
Jim
WA5TEF

The entire NFZ lockout it interesting as it makes no sense based on the intended purpose, to protect aircraft. A 5 lb drone hitting a 530,000 lb. Airbus 300 is not likely to cause the jet to crash. More of a worry should be a drone going into traffic on a freeway and having a massive pile-up from a driver swerving to miss the drone as it is dropping from the sky unexpectedly.

I suspect that the NFZ is coming from the Chinese government and DJI cannot for multiple reasons have a China version of their operating code and one for the USA and another for the UK, etc. so they start with the most restrictive government situation and determine that if it keeps them happy then other governments will not have a problem.

The problem is worse when the various government agencies have been so slow to regulate drones and so a company that is sued cannot say that they were in conformance with regulations when the situation is so fluid, as in the US.

The entire NFZ lockout it interesting as it makes no sense based on the intended purpose, to protect aircraft. A 5 lb drone hitting a 530,000 lb. Airbus 300 is not likely to cause the jet to crash. More of a worry should be a drone going into traffic on a freeway and having a massive pile-up from a driver swerving to miss the drone as it is dropping from the sky unexpectedly.

I suspect that the NFZ is coming from the Chinese government and DJI cannot for multiple reasons have a China version of their operating code and one for the USA and another for the UK, etc. so they start with the most restrictive government situation and determine that if it keeps them happy then other governments will not have a problem.

The problem is worse when the various government agencies have been so slow to regulate drones and so a company that is sued cannot say that they were in conformance with regulations when the situation is so fluid, as in the US.
5 lb drone hitting a helicopter is going to cause more damage than you would expect. And it was birds that took out the engines of the Airbus A320 that landed in the Hudson.

I'm sorry but your suspicion that the Chinese government is behind the NFZ doesn't have anything to support that theory. If the Chinese government wanted to limit access in the People's Republic, the NFZ database could have just been limited to mainland China. If they were so intent on collecting data from the US pilots, why would they (Chinese government) even have NFZ for the US?

I hate it as well. I'm a new user, practicing at home. I live 5 miles from a near by mountain in which 14 acres caught fire. Forest Service set up helicopters to drop water before it spread too far. All that is great, but my ability to practice at home ended. A NFZ was posted. The fire has been out for over a month and the NFZ is still there. Went through the process to obtain a code and there was not one step from the obviously script posting get an unlock code that worked. The whole process needs great improvement. After receiving the non working script I received a survey email. One of the questions is to recommend PJI to others. I've very wary to do that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart