Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Uneven take off?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Help' started by Saintlysimon, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Saintlysimon

Hello

Just bought my phantom 2 and this is my first ever quad copter.

Ups on starting the engine and gently increasing the uo warding thrust via the left controller stick I find my phantom 2 rises slightly but with a forward lean. Meaning once she lifts off the ground she is moving forwards and eventually the front two propellas hit the floor.

Not sure why this would happen / I would imagine it should take off evenly - I am trying this out indoors with no wind.

Any advice?

Thanks

2. rexster314

Most people don't "gently" take off. Most, like me, go full throttle til a height of about 5-6 feet or so, checking to make sure all the proper lights are working, checking the app screen to make sure everything is connected, and making sure there are no "strange" noises coming from the a/c, then start flying. I tried the slow takeoff like you would expect to do flying a regular helicopter but remember you're not getting the same kind of thrust with a quad

3. msinger

Approved Vendor

Right -- definitely do full throttle up until you're 5-10 feet in the air. If you do that, does it still try to tilt forward?

4. paulajayne

On take off full throttle will make it quick enough to prevent GPS corrections affecting take off and causing tip overs and prop strikes.

5. aartsf

I would not recommand "full throttle" nor "gentle throttle" but "firmly half throttle" up to 5 to 10 feet.

6. Saintlysimon

Thanks everyone

I'll give her a little test flight outdoors today, now the wind has dropped

Thanks again

7. N017RW

Definitely full throttle.

The control system needs full dynamic range to compensate for attitude changes off-level.

Within 3 secs you'll be at 6-10 ft.