Ultimate Flight (Android)-waypoint + save/load RELEASED!

Do you know what version you are using? I tested in the version about to be released (in beta) and the issue doesn't appear to be present so it may have been fixed but I'd like to be sure.

Yes, 1.70 beta. I've been doing some long GS missions and want to get as much speed as possible.

You are hitting the 2 main issues I'm working with DJI to fix...

1) The DJI SDK reports camera OFF, when it's really ON during GS flight. The app uses the SDK reported state to control buttons so, since the SDK says the camera is OFF during GS, pressing the button will always try to turn it ON, no matter what. For GS missions I suggest allowing the auto-camera mode to work; it doesn't use status and turns the camera ON when motors start and OFF at the end when motors are turned OFF.

2) For some reason the Galaxy models seam to have more issues with the SDK. Before the last release they would shut down when starting apps (even the Vision app for a while) and while DJI fixed many of the issues the random lock-ups and app shut-downs resist (albeit less often). Some Samsung models are more prone to the issue, other less (I use a Samsung Tab S and it's 90% OK). While I continue to work with DJI on fixes I have found that waiting to connect the device to Wi-Fi until after the Phantom completes initialization often helps (either that or it just feels like it helps, I'm not sure).

I am hopeful that either I am able to find a good way to stop the issues by moving code around within the app and changing the SDK timing or that DJI issues an update that fixes them but for now all I can do it the former and hope the later comes soon.

Thanks,
Ken

I see all the updates information but unfortunately no update yet solved this issues!
Is those issues solved yet?

I see all the updates information but unfortunately no update yet solved this issues!
Is those issues solved yet?

The camera issue appears to have been resolved. You may notice a 5-second delay in the auto-shut off; this is to give a few seconds for the logs to finish so that videos using Dashware have everything, even the last second of the flight.

The random restarts have not been addressed, DJI has not yet found the issues.

Hi Kenargo,Is it possible to send on a long Waypoint flight and set to land somewhere else like 5 Miles or so away from take off point by changing home point also would Phantom auto land at that home point itself?Also when phantom reaches its last waypoint would it land there if you don't touch anything but just leave it? Thanks....

Also can you take phantom off to a safe height and then set it on waypoint flight just to clear any obstacles first? Thanks...

The camera issue appears to have been resolved. You may notice a 5-second delay in the auto-shut off; this is to give a few seconds for the logs to finish so that videos using Dashware have everything, even the last second of the flight.

The random restarts have not been addressed, DJI has not yet found the issues.

I 'll test it thanks.
If I use a non galaxy device (an lg,sony or vodafone branded mobiles) I will not have restarting issues?

Hi Kenargo,Is it possible to send on a long Waypoint flight and set to land somewhere else like 5 Miles or so away from take off point by changing home point also would Phantom auto land at that home point itself?Also when phantom reaches its last waypoint would it land there if you don't touch anything but just leave it? Thanks....

Yes, it is possible to have the Phantom land at a remote location.

The app includes a feature that allows you to drag the home point icon to a new location using the map. There is a trick to getting the new home point to stick (because the Phantom resets it), you turn on the motors once after Phantom locks home, then it will stick.

Note: Be sure you have ample distance for home point limits in Assist app or the Phantom will fly to the home point on takeoff, thinking that it is out of range limits.

Next, you drag the home point icon to the location you want the Phantom to land, it can be as far away as you want. Technically, you don't need waypoint mission after this unless you want the Phantom to fly a mission on the way to the home point. You could either make RTH altitude sufficiently high as to fly over any obstacles OR raise to a safe altitude. Then, trigger RTH (on screen of with S1) and the Phantom will fly to the designated home point and land.

When flying a mission, the Phantom will either land (if you don't have RTH on low battery enabled) or return to home (if you do have it set).

If you are going to use the drag home point to a far off location I'd suggest testing close just to be sure you understand how it works and ideally have a tracker in case the Phantom auto-lands before reaching the final destination.

Happy flying and let me know; you may very well set a distance record using the drag home point!

Ken

Did I read that correctly, in the latest version (1.75) I will be able to use the Flytrex profile in Dashware?

Previously I had to manually link each gauge, using the Vision utility profile... I don't need to do that anymore?

Did I read that correctly, in the latest version (1.75) I will be able to use the Flytrex profile in Dashware?

Previously I had to manually link each gauge, using the Vision utility profile... I don't need to do that anymore?

Yes, or at least you should be able to. People testing using the Flytrex profiles have reported success but I myself have not tested the logging. I chose the Flytrex profile over others because they Flytrex has many more gauges (and users) so it made sense I think.

If you find issues please let me know and I'll address them but testers have reported all is well.

I 'll test it thanks.
If I use a non galaxy device (an lg,sony or vodafone branded mobiles) I will not have restarting issues?

It is so difficult to say with certainty. Most issues are deep inside the DJI code that the app uses to interface with the Phantom and some devices work well while others have issues. Making it more interesting, something I found out today, is that even within a single model (like the Samsung Note4) there are around 15 variants and yes, some work well and have no issues while others don't work so well.

Android isn't really the best ecosystem to create apps I'm finding.

Yes, or at least you should be able to. People testing using the Flytrex profiles have reported success but I myself have not tested the logging. I chose the Flytrex profile over others because they Flytrex has many more gauges (and users) so it made sense I think.

If you find issues please let me know and I'll address them but testers have reported all is well.

Great, no fly day for me here... but as soon as I can, I'll give it a try and let you know of any issues.

Great, no fly day for me here... but as soon as I can, I'll give it a try and let you know of any issues.

Remember to increase your limits in the Assist App or the Phantom will take off as soon as you lift off because it will think you are outside your flight limits. I se mine to 10 miles as I believe that this is also a cause of fly aways.

The camera issue appears to have been resolved.
I noticed this. Thought perhaps it was just the drone god smiling on my that day. Guess not. However, the icons turn invisible on the screen until the screen is pressed and then they can be seen faintly. Any possibility of making them more opaque so that they can easily be used?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka