Ultimate Flight (Android)-waypoint + save/load RELEASED!

Re: New app for Vision and Vision+ - Ultimate Flight for And

Bear501 said:
I have been stuck on the ground too because of weather, but still got a question. I have been planning ground station flights in the app, but it doesn't show the distances between way points and total distance of the hole flight. Is it just me doing something wrong or is it not showing the distances? Ken you are doing a great job developing this new app thanks for all the effort and can't wait for it all to come together.

The distance isn't shown in creation of the mission but when you press the review you will be shown many details about the mission including totals. From the review screen you can cancel, and return to the mission editor or GO and fly.

Let me know if that has the information you are looking for.

Ken

Yeah that's what I figured it was something I was missing. Got it now thanks.

kenargo said:
offthefront said:
Ken ..... when loading a saved mission the route adds two waypoints ... beginning and end (home point) .... shows Altitude as "0" ? Mission shows WP #1 #2 #3 Altitude was 50M ... but then the two added waypoints at the beginning and end with 0 alt .... I was worried that flight from #3 to Home would try to drop to zero? .... thanks ....mike .....

Good point; the waypoints you mention are not added to the mission they are internal to the app and used to indicate the Phantom location at the start of the mission and home location or the end of the mission. I show 0 to indicate the ground but that is a bit misleading I guess.

Would you like to suggest an alternative? I could 'hide' the information and just have them as labels (e.g., Phantom and Home)?

I'm actually considering removing the last waypoint (the one for home) because the app doesn't use a waypoint for home location; as the pilot you are expected to place the last waypoint where you want the Phantom to end the mission.

The start, I guess should use current Phantom location and altitude; just in case you are starting the mission in the middle of flight (which is supported).

OK ... Combination of not being familiar with the app and how DJI Vision (ILC Version) works .... After the last WP DJI Vision will return to home and hover ...As long as the pilot knows how this works (UF) I'm good with how UF is now ... I'm trying to think of a reason to show the Beginning and Ending waypoints and I cant ..... We have been flying missions in a area surrounded by trees...So as long as the pilot is aware he needs altitude before "go" all is well .......m

offthefront said:
kenargo said:
offthefront said:
Ken ..... when loading a saved mission the route adds two waypoints ... beginning and end (home point) .... shows Altitude as "0" ? Mission shows WP #1 #2 #3 Altitude was 50M ... but then the two added waypoints at the beginning and end with 0 alt .... I was worried that flight from #3 to Home would try to drop to zero? .... thanks ....mike .....

Good point; the waypoints you mention are not added to the mission they are internal to the app and used to indicate the Phantom location at the start of the mission and home location or the end of the mission. I show 0 to indicate the ground but that is a bit misleading I guess.

Would you like to suggest an alternative? I could 'hide' the information and just have them as labels (e.g., Phantom and Home)?

I'm actually considering removing the last waypoint (the one for home) because the app doesn't use a waypoint for home location; as the pilot you are expected to place the last waypoint where you want the Phantom to end the mission.

The start, I guess should use current Phantom location and altitude; just in case you are starting the mission in the middle of flight (which is supported).

OK ... Combination of not being familiar with the app and how DJI Vision (ILC Version) works .... After the last WP DJI Vision will return to home and hover ...As long as the pilot knows how this works (UF) I'm good with how UF is now ... I'm trying to think of a reason to show the Beginning and Ending waypoints and I cant ..... We have been flying missions in a area surrounded by trees...So as long as the pilot is aware he needs altitude before "go" all is well .......m

Agree and please let me know if you find this confusing. It seams the Vision has an extra (home) waypoint but many people I fly with never use it, myself included. I prefer to set a point near myself rather than have the Phantom come straight overhead and like not having it come home a sit above me but I'd like to hear what you think.

I'm having an issue with the compass calibration. On both my tablet and my phone, I'm not able to select it.

I think having the mission always end at the home point is a better option. jmho but it's more of a mental comfort to have that little line always coming back to the home point if that makes any sense?

Also, now with v1.31 when programming a mission I don't see the total distance anymore. Can't remember for sure if it was there because I've been bouncing back and forth between the dji app, ilovecoffee's app and this one, but it's nice to have the distances. Both between way points and total mission.

kenargo,

I haven't had a chance to read through all 29 pgs or this thread yet, but I must be missing something. How do you run Ground Station using Ultimate Flight? I've only found GS available for IOS devices, not Android. Also, in the latest version of UF why was the 3rd function ( I forget what it was called, the one with the folder icon) dropped from the main screen?

Thanks,

Gary

I believe with the latest 1.31 version the full-screen map was removed and map caching is now done from the full-screen flight map.
Ground Station has to be turned on in the settings (three dots upper right for settings) menu in order to be used.

What are the valid modes that will display in the FPV screen when flying?

When I'm in GPS MODE it says GPS ATTI.

Is this correct?

djsydvicious said:
What are the valid modes that will display in the FPV screen when flying?

When I'm in GPS MODE it says GPS ATTI.

Is this correct?

Mode reporting is being tweaked as it was confusing to what setting meant and when. The change is in the next release put online a short time ago. The mode now shows GPS (if you are in GPS (S1) AND the Phantom is in GPS) but if S1 is in GPS and the Phantom is not, for example due to low satellite count then it will report ATTI (the mode the Phantom is really in).

phalcon51 said:
kenargo,

I haven't had a chance to read through all 29 pgs or this thread yet, but I must be missing something. How do you run Ground Station using Ultimate Flight? I've only found GS available for IOS devices, not Android. Also, in the latest version of UF why was the 3rd function ( I forget what it was called, the one with the folder icon) dropped from the main screen?

Thanks,

Gary

There is no iOS version of UF, you may be confusing that with another app but to answer the other question, it sounds like you are running the pre-release with the Ground Station functionality and the 3rd icon you mention was for offline map caching. This was a useful feature back before the app included a full screen map display as it made caching maps offline easier (being full screen) but maps can be as easily cached using the full screen flight screen so I have removed the redundant button. Had I left it then I was asked to include offline mission programming to the screen which would be a significant amount of code sharing and I felt in the end the more common method to plan and save GS missions would be to use the full screen flight map window.

Did you use this screen or just miss the icon and wondered why?

PhilD13 said:
I believe with the latest 1.31 version the full-screen map was removed and map caching is now done from the full-screen flight map.
Ground Station has to be turned on in the settings (three dots upper right for settings) menu in order to be used.

Correct on all accounts.

AmosMoses said:
I'm having an issue with the compass calibration. On both my tablet and my phone, I'm not able to select it.

I think having the mission always end at the home point is a better option. jmho but it's more of a mental comfort to have that little line always coming back to the home point if that makes any sense?

Also, now with v1.31 when programming a mission I don't see the total distance anymore. Can't remember for sure if it was there because I've been bouncing back and forth between the dji app, ilovecoffee's app and this one, but it's nice to have the distances. Both between way points and total mission.

What happens when you use the compass calibration; it's only there for instruction and convenience but I use it quite often when testing and have not noticed any issues; please tell...

The waypoint summary is that you should look at; the onscreen does not have the information but if you select the Review/GO (ugly button awaiting icons) you will see the total distance, distance between waypoints as well as speed, altitude and hold time for each waypoint.

Waypoint release expected this weekend

Waypoint missions have been doing well the past couple of weeks with a large collection of testers reporting. The remaining work item is to add some nice icons to the screen to replace the rather ugly text buttons present now. Once the new icons are in-place I expect to release the version to the main tree for everyone to have.

This is a short summary of how waypoint flight has been implemented (including some images of screens, just ignore the ugly buttons):

* Waypoint missions are limited to 16 waypoints; this is a limitation in the Phantom and when I had increased it the Phantom failed to fly so the limit is hard coded
* By default waypoint limits are in-place and match the Vision app for distance and total flight distance. These limits can be configured, you can increase them, decrease them or turn them off. I erred on the side of caution and have them on by default, if/how you use them is up to you.
* Waypoint missions can be created offline and with no Phantom connection. Use full screen map mode, move to the location you plan on flying and create the mission. In this mode the 1st waypoint sets the limits anchor (if you have limits enabled). Missions can be saved. Once on location, load the mission and the Phantom becomes the anchor for the mission.
* Waypoint altitude, speed, etc all have configured defaults; set them as you with
* When creating a mission, if you edit a waypoint an option allows those edits to be used for all new waypoints thereafter for the same mission, no need to edit each waypoint or change defaults just because a location needs additional altitude for instance
* If limits are enabled you will see a blue circle indicating the flight limit, if limits are disabled then no circle is shown
* Missions can be started from ground or flight; paused and continued; use S1 to cancel
* Flying waypoints shows a tail and head to the flight. There is a thin green line from where the mission began to the Phantom and a slightly thicker blue line to from the Phantom through the remaining waypoints
* Waypoint safety checker - How many times have you flown waypoints and forgot to adjust for the Phantom's reported ground altitude? The app automatically looks at the Phantom's altitude when on the ground and you start waypoint mission when any waypoint would put the Phantom closer than 10m to the ground you are shown a message and if you choose the app will add the Phantom's ground altitude to all waypoints.

General additions to the app since V1:

* A green circle on the map shows the point of no return. The value is reported by the smart battery and is said to indicate the max distance before you would need to return to home before auto-return to home is initiated (if you have enabled auto-RTH).
* DJI Zenmuse H3-3D, 3-Axis Gimbal with GoPro mode - in the advanced settings you can select this mode and the app will hide all irrelevant UI. Video and camera controls are removed from the flight screen since they do not function in this configuration.
* RTH - onscreen control
* Flight log - a list of min/max
* Flight tracks (disabled by default) records flight details every .5 seconds

Note: Flight track log is a work in process and is being tuned for use with other tools like DashWare.

Some imaged of GS: ignore the ugly buttons!

waypoint-1.png

waypoint-2.png

waypoint-3.png

waypoint-4.png

Re: Ultimate Flight (Android)-waypoint + save/load this week

Hey Ken.

The option to calibrate the compass is greyed out and will not allow me to select it. Here's a screen shot using my tablet. It's a LG G tab LTE. Same with my phone. That's a Droid ultra maxx.
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1425548453808.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1425548453808.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1425548453808.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 545

AmosMoses said:
Hey Ken.

The option to calibrate the compass is greyed out and will not allow me to select it. Here's a screen shot using my tablet. It's a LG G tab LTE. Same with my phone. That's a Droid ultra maxx.
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1425548453808.jpg[/attachment]

I think that's related to the (unreliable) camera connection flag; I've gotten to the point of not using the flag since it's so unreliable but I didn't remove its use from the calibration screen; I'll fix.

Ignore the ugly buttons; icons are coming....

Smart battery reporting - The Ultimate Flight app draws a circle at a distance the smart battery reports as being the distance for safe return.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhG1G-U ... e=youtu.be

Waypoints can be saved, loaded or deleted...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrGcun6 ... e=youtu.be

Just a waypoint mission:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMTPZMh ... e=youtu.be

Waypoint editor demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE-UTyj ... e=youtu.be

Onscreen return to home demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPYfl13 ... e=youtu.be

Camera controls demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6HqpmV ... e=youtu.be

Hi guys, I think I might need a little help here.

I installed this app on my Nexus 7 almost at the point of its creation and have updated it regularly. I now have version 1.32 installed. Everything works perfectly, apart from GS. Flight Control, Ground Station Flight etc are all greyed out and can't be initiated for some reason.

I have GS installed and it works just fine with the original DJI app. Am I missing something here? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi
Thats because you have installed the released version 1.32, GS is still in beta and if you are a tester you can download it , its version 1.33.

Cheers

Ken, are you planning on doing bank/turn for the waypoints in GS? Also is it possible to show the distance between waypoints on the planning screen instead of having to pull up the other box? These are just questions, not complaining about this app at all.

kickthefences said:
Hi
Thats because you have installed the released version 1.32, GS is still in beta and if you are a tester you can download it , its version 1.33.

Okay, thanks for that. I knew there had to be a logical explanation.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94