Ultimate Flight (Android)-waypoint + save/load RELEASED!

Re: New app for Phantom Vision and Vision+

my phone has just automatically updated itself to version 1.0.58. Is this the dodgy version people are having trouble with or is that version that fixed the dodginess of the previous version. I dont feel like flying until I know. Seems to be a few issues with updates on here

My 1.058 version of the official dji vision app would crash as soon as I fired up my props. So just couldn't use it. I've now just installed the modified vision app from ilovecoffee to see if this helps. I'm quite keen to try this app also as soon as point of interest is released and I think it's going to be great. You could then use this app for POI flights and the other for unrestricted ground station missions. Everyone's A winner. Sorry for the minor hijack!

Interesting. Now that i can actually use dji's latest Vision App release Ground Station on my Nexus 4, when I go into into it, it says "ATTI: in the upper left of the screen as well.

CapnBob said:
Interesting. Now that i can actually use dji's latest Vision App release Ground Station on my Nexus 4, when I go into into it, it says "ATTI: in the upper left of the screen as well.

This thread is about an app I'm working on (http://www.kenargo.com/AndroidApps/UltimateFlight/)

Are you asking about the DJI Vision app or the Ultimate Flight app? If you are asking about the Vision app you might want to ask on a different thread.

downunderdrone said:
my phone has just automatically updated itself to version 1.0.58. Is this the dodgy version people are having trouble with or is that version that fixed the dodginess of the previous version. I dont feel like flying until I know. Seems to be a few issues with updates on here

This thread is about an app I'm working on (http://www.kenargo.com/AndroidApps/UltimateFlight/)

Are you asking about the DJI Vision app or the Ultimate Flight app? If you are asking about the Vision app you might want to ask on a different thread.

New very minor update posted.

The "Live Stream Unavailable" message has been disabled while a more reliable detection method is found. No functional changes; the app no longer shows the warning.

I've just fired it up and as soon as the app opens it says battery not recognised. How do I get a hold of the previous version. This is rubbish. Last time I used it I deliberately ran the batteries dead flat so they could be fully recharged as per instructions. Bloody thing is just an expensive desk ornament as it stands. I have two batteries, one is the original and the other is a new spare. Neither have done more than 20 flights.

downunderdrone said:
I've just fired it up and as soon as the app opens it says battery not recognised. How do I get a hold of the previous version. This is rubbish. Last time I used it I deliberately ran the batteries dead flat so they could be fully recharged as per instructions. Bloody thing is just an expensive desk ornament as it stands. I have two batteries, one is the original and the other is a new spare. Neither have done more than 20 flights.

Are you sure you are referring to Ultimate Flight (my app); it sounds like you are referring to the Vision app?

Sorry Am i in the wrong thread ??? yes its the Vision App. Just put battery on charge for ten mins, reinserted and now its recognised. Battery was showing fully charged in the first place. Oh well.

downunderdrone said:
Sorry Am i in the wrong thread ??? yes its the Vision App. Just put battery on charge for ten mins, reinserted and now its recognised. Battery was showing fully charged in the first place. Oh well.

Glad to hear things are working!!!

Re: New app for Vision and Vision+ - Ultimate Flight for And

I spoke too soon. screen freezes, take a pic it goes blank. Why release these things when they are not fully proven ??? Just checked out DJI site and seems my Galaxy S3 Note isnt particularly compatable. Apart from another phone are there any dedicated devices available ??

Yea that's what I say, Sorry I know you have done a lot of work on it but It should work at least 98% as the as I know DJI app can have some problems too but this crashes all the time not a good thing when you are out 2000 feet away we should not be charged for this app. Don't mind paying £1 for it to try it but not worth £7 looks like we are your beta testers for this app and I don't buy this that it dji fault that it crashes it's down to the programmer of the app.

I'll admit, I did feel bad after paying $10 for the app to try to out (which is why I mentioned the need for a trial version). However, I'm hoping that my $10 will go towards the future development of what will eventually become the a **** good app to be used for our Phantoms.

Had I used a trial version of the app in it's current state, I probably would not have purchased the product. I'm hoping that the developer will continue development and make us glad we made the purchase that we did.

Ken,

I sent a few crash reports last night via the app. I hope they made sense to you. I have a Moto X running 4.4.4 and when opening app more often than not it stays at "establishing connection..." and I end up close and restart app after a minute.

I start the p2plus get both sets of rapid green flash and all green flash on arm showing sat lock. I power up motors, hit throttle and then shut off motors. I am in room with it and it constantly warns home point to far, once 17 feet , once 21 feet all the while we have been in same spot and sats are showing 7 -8 at all times. I can see both man and arrow in map .

also I have experienced misc crash/lockups of app.

as far as home point setting I fly a p2v1 and plus and set all start points for each flight and no issues so far...knock on wood hard!

Ill keep trying it out as your updates occur

bob

I found them and all 5 are reporting the same crash (libDJICam.so (CFrameEndList::~CFrameEndList()+16)) which is both good and bad. The good thing is they are all the same crash, the bad part, for now is that they are all the same crash I'm waiting for DJI to fix.

Stay tuned.

kirk2579 said:
Ken,

I sent a few crash reports last night via the app. I hope they made sense to you. I have a Moto X running 4.4.4 and when opening app more often than not it stays at "establishing connection..." and I end up close and restart app after a minute.

I start the p2plus get both sets of rapid green flash and all green flash on arm showing sat lock. I power up motors, hit throttle and then shut off motors. I am in room with it and it constantly warns home point to far, once 17 feet , once 21 feet all the while we have been in same spot and sats are showing 7 -8 at all times. I can see both man and arrow in map .

also I have experienced misc crash/lockups of app.

as far as home point setting I fly a p2v1 and plus and set all start points for each flight and no issues so far...knock on wood hard!

Ill keep trying it out as your updates occur

bob

downunderdrone said:
I spoke too soon. screen freezes, take a pic it goes blank. Why release these things when they are not fully proven ??? Just checked out DJI site and seems my Galaxy S3 Note isnt particularly compatable. Apart from another phone are there any dedicated devices available ??

From your last reply you are using the Vision app and not the Ultimate Flight app; correct?

Irepairapples said:
Yea that's what I say, Sorry I know you have done a lot of work on it but It should work at least 98% as the as I know DJI app can have some problems too but this crashes all the time not a good thing when you are out 2000 feet away we should not be charged for this app. Don't mind paying £1 for it to try it but not worth £7 looks like we are your beta testers for this app and I don't buy this that it dji fault that it crashes it's down to the programmer of the app.

DJI has indicated they are fixing the crashes in the SDK and once they release a new SDK it will be incorporated into the app. Currently most devices are working without issue but Android is a very challenging environment to work in; there are nearly 4000 different Android devices and even the best testing cannot remove the possibilities of certain devices, even the same device but from different vendors having issues.

djsydvicious said:
I'll admit, I did feel bad after paying $10 for the app to try to out (which is why I mentioned the need for a trial version). However, I'm hoping that my $10 will go towards the future development of what will eventually become the a **** good app to be used for our Phantoms.

Had I used a trial version of the app in it's current state, I probably would not have purchased the product. I'm hoping that the developer will continue development and make us glad we made the purchase that we did.

I assure you I am committed to making this app work well and without issues.

ken

I know what you mean on android variations. I seem to have noticed that the google products (Nexus 4, 7, 5) with unmodified android seem to have issues. The Moto X v1 I have is pretty much same as those as I got the open version from Motorola.

the only other device I have with gps is wifes nexus so no joy testing that. lol

Beta online but no Follow-me, GS or other new features but something VERY import even still.

DJI a few hours ago (Today it DJI's Monday) released an updated SDK for Android. It is said to "fix bugs and Android 5 issues".

It's night here so I won't be able to fly but a quick check looks good but rather than post it out to the world I wanted to have some flights on it and post in a couple of days if reports are good.

If you would like to try this out you should be able to access the link within a few hours; it was just posted. The link will be:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/co ... mateflight

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3