Ultimate Flight (Android)-waypoint + save/load RELEASED!

Re: New app for Phantom Vision and Vision+

Well, no joy here.
I read somewhere that this app does not have the Nexus / Lollipop wifi disconnect issues.
It does on my Nexus 4 Lollipop 5.01.

It acts exactly the same as the official dji app, turn on motors, app crashes.

I know it's a lollipop issue, but I was hoping.

I don't know if Google is ever going to get off their collective asses on this one.
It almost seems like an intentional bug, as it effects almost exclusively their own (Nexus) line of phones, made by different manufacturers.
How many will get fed up waiting and just buy a new phone?

Can you say "Planned Obsolescence"?

CapnBob said:
Well, no joy here.
I read somewhere that this app does not have the Nexus / Lollipop wifi disconnect issues.
It does on my Nexus 4 Lollipop 5.01.

It acts exactly the same as the official dji app, turn on motors, app crashes.

I know it's a lollipop issue, but I was hoping.

I don't know if Google is ever going to get off their collective asses on this one.
It almost seems like an intentional bug, as it effects almost exclusively their own (Nexus) line of phones, made by different manufacturers.
How many will get fed up waiting and just buy a new phone?

Can you say "Planned Obsolescence"?

I've heard mixed results on the Android 5; I've heard from some people using the app that it works and other that it doesn't. Hopefully once I can capture more stack traces it will DJI the information they need to fix it for all devices (or give me some way to eat the exception, assuming it doesn't affect anything functionally).

This Google Group was created to give access to beta downloads which are moving to the Play Store. Joining the group gives you access to pre-releases. Within the next few days I will be removing the downloads from the website and using the store as the release vehicle for all future releases, betas included.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en# ... ate-flight

Thanks for all the feedback and keep it coming. Just because I'm using the Google Store as the release vehicle does NOT mean I will not be posing updates, answering questions and fielding comments and suggestions. Google group is a method to manage releases and manage issues. It is much more automatic than the current website method where people need to navigate to a link and download each new version.

It also has the added benefit of reporting any crashes to me which ensures a better investigation and if needed a more accurate reporting of a crash to DJI for investigation.

Things have moved around a bit...

Beta versions (when available) will be open to all members of this Google Group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum ... ate-flight

The app information, features, screen shots and links to download page is on my website: http://www.kenargo.com/AndroidApps/UltimateFlight/

I've heard that it works with Android 5. There was one regression in Android 5 when I enabled the licensing APIs, Android 5 crashed the Google License API but that has been fixed in 1.05 which was posted a short time back so if you have Android 5 you might want to take a look.

Hey man, I joined the Google group but when I click the link in the second post, it says there is nothing there or the group doesn't exist.works fine in the first post though.....did have one quick question...with the hdr addition does it combine the images as an hdr camera would or we need to do that post edit?

lsteigerwalt said:
Hey man, I joined the Google group but when I click the link in the second post, it says there is nothing there or the group doesn't exist.works fine in the first post though.....did have one quick question...with the hdr addition does it combine the images as an hdr camera would or we need to do that post edit?

Sorry, I have the incorrect link in the 1st one; it was a link to the beta download and at this time there are none, only released version is available.

Answering your HDR question; the images are saved as 3 separate photos and would need post processing using your favorite photo editing software.

I don't know if you are on this alias but I have a crash report for a MeMo pad that indicates an error in the DJI SDK but until I fix it tonight you should be able to get around the crash by changing the setting for what the camera does when connection is lost. The crash indicates the setting you are using it Start Continuous Capture and if you use something else it might not crash.

I'll investigate more tonight when I get home and see what the root cause is and make a fix tonight.

It was just brought to my attention that the secondary site I used for beta downloads may have been infected with a virus. I don't know when or for how long it may have been the case or even if this is for certain but I have one user report that a download they had from the secondary download site they just tried to install flagged the app at having the: HEUR:Trojan-Ransom.AndroidOS.Svpeng.d

I always test my app downloads and do not find it in my local copies so I cannot say when the file may have been infected, nor can I say for certain that the infection didn't happen after the app was on the person's device but out of the abundance of caution I wanted to let you know that there was 1 reported issue and you should check your AV or run a scan just to be sure.

Again, this was NOT reported for downloads from my site (that would have been the 1st link on the betas), it was on the secondary link (the one referred to as "just in case the above link doesn't work".

Just check please.

I have not had any other reports and have not seen my AV tripped by my own tests of the downloads.

I prefer to be overly cautious.

I downloaded today and i tried to using it. I have serveral app crashes so i have to restarted it each time. I have an Andriod Samsung Note 3 with last version of Kitkat. Also it seems it uses loat of procesor since the device starte to quickly heat a lot.
Thanks for a response.

Alexbar said:
I downloaded today and i tried to using it. I have serveral app crashes so i have to restarted it each time. I have an Andriod Samsung Note 3 with last version of Kitkat. Also it seems it uses loat of procesor since the device starte to quickly heat a lot.
Thanks for a response.

Kitkat is iffy at best. About 50/50 have devices that crash when the motors turn on (same as Vision app). CPU is low, on testing devices I see about 6-10% but it could be connected to high-accuracy position code used for map points, dynamic home point (when enabled). I've not seen to date higher CPU but I'll double check to be sure.

Out of curiosity; does it remain working once you turn on the motors? I'm trying to keep track.

Thanks for letting me know.

Update 1.06 posted. Main change is to fix a crash resulting from undocumented changes in DJI SDK. Other tidbits:

Change: DJI 1.02 SDK only set live resolution decoding, not Wi-Fi transmitting, which was always highest. 1.04 SDK can change Wi-Fi speed depending on the setting. This release uses the new method to control live feed.

Fix: Home bearing was showing in compass before home bearing was calculated

Fix: Crash when opening flight screen if camera disconnect mode was set to "begin continuous shooting". DJI SDK regression.

Fix: App can now be moved to SD card.

Change: icon for offline map cache.

Fix: Screen images not showing correct state images

Change: Updated Google Map License key

New: New video camera icon; shows position of camera. Need to update camera icons, next release.

PhilD13 said:
I would check all the settings to make sure they are set to presist while in there.
Thanks!

Yes I am using a small screen device a DROID RAZR Max HD which is a phone not a tablet. It is just on that one screen the icons don't show/are to the left. The other two screens are fine.

Thanks for developing this app. It is really good!

Edit: Thanks for verifying your app can co-exist with another (DJI) app on a device.

Fixed.

Hi Ken,

I have a question I hope you can clarify for me. If I buy the current release of the app, if I understand you correctly, I would have to purchase any future beta versions. Is this something that will change in the future? And when a beta does go live as the next release version will it simply be a free update?

Thanks,

Gary

phalcon51 said:
Hi Ken,

I have a question I hope you can clarify for me. If I buy the current release of the app, if I understand you correctly, I would have to purchase any future beta versions. Is this something that will change in the future? And when a beta does go live as the next release version will it simply be a free update?

Thanks,

Gary

As I understand it once you purchase ANY release you get the others for free. If you purchase release now, any betas are available for free (as long as you are a member of the Google Group). If you purchase a beta you get releases for free.

Purchase on 1 device and your other Android devices get the app for free.

To summarize: you pay once no matter what.

1.07 Posted:

New: Notification about 1st run needing internet access. Same as Vision app, you must have an internet connection in order for the SDK to register with DJI before you will be able to connect to the Phantom

Change: Flight screen starts quicker

New: Button images for camera and video

Change: Location uses device GPS (primary). Google Location Service (GLS) is secondary when device doesn't have GPS. If GPS is not available, Dynamic Home Point and Follow-me is disabled due to decreased location accuracy. User will be see message when opening app if GPS is not available.

I didn't realize you were doing this app through the SDK. So since that's the case, any chance of getting faster speed, or increase tilt angle, and faster descent speed?

I saw Inspire guys stating their stuff going 50-60mph.

flyNfrank said:
I didn't realize you were doing this app through the SDK. So since that's the case, any chance of getting faster speed, or increase tilt angle, and faster descent speed?

I saw Inspire guys stating their stuff going 50-60mph.

There are calls that set flight limits but I haven't looked into them just yet. I can't answer your question until I investigate more but if it's possible I'll see what I can support.

Another SDK version is nearing (according to my sources) so if this SDK doesn't have it perhaps the next one will. I'll make myself a note but feel free to check back if you don't hear anything. If you on the FB/Google group (or have the app) then you will see announcements of new features also.

Ken

I was going to do this as a survey but can't find a good survey site that's free so I'm going to list it out below.

If you don't mind. Consider this scenario: "You have 10, $10 bills to spend. For each item listed tell me how you would spend your money." No splitting bills, each choice can have 1 or more $10 bills dedicated to it.

Thanks. I'm going to use this for planning!

General features like:

* Download images from Phantom to device.

* Extender setup (password, rename and bind)

* Flight mode reporting (RTH, Satellite, ATTI, etc.)

* Flight log - the app logs flight information today but there is no on-screen presentation (list if flights, length, max distance, speed, etc.)

* Offline flight replay - Think select log and see your flight overlay on Google map

* Other map options (road, hybrid (mixed road and satellite))

* Find-my-Phantom - not quite to the extent of offline flight replay; this it more list the last known location and flight path information

Flight features:

* GS (map based flight) - waypoint

* GS (map based flight) - free-hand flight path

* Follow-me

* Point-of-interest

* On-screen Return-to-home

* Poor-man's map mode - fly a GPS path, at defined altitude and take photo every 'x' distance

* Camera control in GPS flight (define camera point during GPS flight, either at waypoint or between waypoints)

Other; interesting investigations:

* Wi-Fi flight control - think on-screen flight controls (if you have ever flown the Parrot; same thing). I'm using this for testing some flight stuff, not sure if folks would want it so I thought I'd ask

* Other - supply the idea (you don't need to allocate $ to it if you just have an idea you think would be cool or interesting.

* Flight log - the app logs flight information today but there is no on-screen presentation (list if flights, length, max distance, speed, etc.)
$40

* Find-my-Phantom - not quite to the extent of offline flight replay; this it more list the last known location and flight path information
$20

* Poor-man's map mode - fly a GPS path, at defined altitude and take photo every 'x' distance
$10

* Follow-me
$30

* Other - supply the idea (you don't need to allocate $ to it if you just have an idea you think would be cool or interesting.

* Speed ~ increase rate of speed in GPS & ATTI Mode.
* Speed2 ~ increase rate of speed while descending.
* Speed3 ~ increase rate of speed when in both RTF & FailSafe Mode.
* Power ~ add ability to increase power settings from transmitter to quad.
* Power2 ~ add ability to increase power settings from range extender to wifi.
*Flight ~ add ability to adjust tilt/pitch angle settings.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor