UAV Business start up?

I'm retired and only do jobs to keep busy and make some pocket change. It's something my wife and I can do together and doesn't take much time.
I get about 2-3 jobs per month which is about what I want. I spent my career in marketing and sales and if I made the effort I could get significantly more work.
I don't charge high prices because the low hanging fruit in my area is real estate photos.
Most realtors either already have a photographer who does the inside of a home or they do it themselves. I don't do interiors. I supliment what they already do.
I also hooked up with a real estate photographer who calls me when aerials are needed. Her previous aerial guy went out of business because he couldn't make enough money to live on.
I have found that utility companies and municipalities are doing it internally. They send an employee to school and take the part 107 test. I suspect Amazon etc will be doing the same.
Getting into agriculture and mapping is a big investment in equipment unless you have a connection or have a lot of time and money to develop the business. Your location can also dictate your success in that area.
Hope this helps.
AerialDroneService.MyPortfolio.com
My site has recent jobs and pricing if you're interested.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl