Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Trying To Test Motors - Help

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by EagleEyeGuy, Jul 7, 2015.

1. EagleEyeGuy

I just got the new Phantom 3 and learned that I can not use the DJIPilot iOS AP on iPhone 5 -- Ok but now I have to get a new device -- did that and decided I pad mini2.

Sooo in the meantime, I review the videos online at dii -- specifically video 3 where you can "test the motors"
    by pulling down both levers on the RC and then usb them in (making the shape of an upside down "7" or backwards "L"...I attempt to do this (without propellers on the drone) and I get nothing from the drone? no noise, no movement, etc. ? I have plenty of battery in both the RC battery and drone battery. Do I need to have the RC connected to a tablet for this to work? If so, I did this in a retail store and same result?

Please -- any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

2. Kman

The first time you fly you have to make a DJI account and register the Phantom 3 to your DJI account.

3. EagleEyeGuy

Thank you for the tip -- I will certainly do that --but that wouldn't keep the motors from testing (indoors) as in their pre-flight video?

4. Kman

I think it does because you can't fly until you register the Phantom 3.

skyhighdiver likes this.
  5. vmp

vmp

Kman is right. You're not going to be able to test motors until you first register the P3.

EagleEyeGuy likes this.
  6. EagleEyeGuy

It does -- which is not clear at all in printed materials, online, etc. -- I suspect only through the app. -- I did get that confirmed via a dii helpline...you are correct...thank you!