Trouble with registration/activation in Go app

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I just purchased my first drone, the P3 Professional. I've watched all the tutorial videos and read over the user manual. I'm quite anxious to take it up for a first flight and when I went through the registration/activation process in the DJI Go iOS app on my iPad Air, it wouldn't accept my email address. I have successfully registered an account on DJI.com and can log in with no problems. However, in the app (Go, v. 2.4.2, the latest), whenever I try to log in, it complains about the email address being invalid. I have contacted DJI support and created a support ticket in their system. They seem to be unavailable for the Thanksgiving holiday (totally understandable). I have been able to ascertain from chatting with someone on their live chat system that their servers are having intermittent trouble. I've tried registering in app with two other email addresses (the primary being an iCloud address, others being gmail and a purpose-built yahoo address just for this), but all are coming back as "invalid". I see the changelog showing that they just updated the app to "fix" an issue like this, but apparently it's not fixed.

Sorry that this is becoming a little ranty, but I'm excited to take it for a first flight and I'm bummed that it might be until next week before I get to. Any thoughts on how I might fix the issue with the app? Or how I might be able to fly it without the app? I took it out into a field, calibrated the compass manually, got green "safe to fly" lights and tried to arm the motors by pulling down and inward on the sticks, but it wouldn't spin up. I'm guessing that's because part of the activation process in the Go app must signal to the aircraft that the warranty has been activated and linked to my account. Just a guess.

Thanks for reading this far and I'm excited to get my P3 in the air and share my experience with it when I do.

Hello everyone.

I just purchased my first drone, the P3 Professional. I've watched all the tutorial videos and read over the user manual. I'm quite anxious to take it up for a first flight and when I went through the registration/activation process in the DJI Go iOS app on my iPad Air, it wouldn't accept my email address. I have successfully registered an account on DJI.com and can log in with no problems. However, in the app (Go, v. 2.4.2, the latest), whenever I try to log in, it complains about the email address being invalid. I have contacted DJI support and created a support ticket in their system. They seem to be unavailable for the Thanksgiving holiday (totally understandable). I have been able to ascertain from chatting with someone on their live chat system that their servers are having intermittent trouble. I've tried registering in app with two other email addresses (the primary being an iCloud address, others being gmail and a purpose-built yahoo address just for this), but all are coming back as "invalid". I see the changelog showing that they just updated the app to "fix" an issue like this, but apparently it's not fixed.

Sorry that this is becoming a little ranty, but I'm excited to take it for a first flight and I'm bummed that it might be until next week before I get to. Any thoughts on how I might fix the issue with the app? Or how I might be able to fly it without the app? I took it out into a field, calibrated the compass manually, got green "safe to fly" lights and tried to arm the motors by pulling down and inward on the sticks, but it wouldn't spin up. I'm guessing that's because part of the activation process in the Go app must signal to the aircraft that the warranty has been activated and linked to my account. Just a guess.

Thanks for reading this far and I'm excited to get my P3 in the air and share my experience with it when I do.
I had a similar problem a while back. Try taking it out of the default beginner mode and see what happens.

I had a similar problem a while back. Try taking it out of the default beginner mode and see what happens.

It would appear I can only get to the setting to disable beginner mode in the Go app. Unfortunately, I can't get to the main flight/camera screen in the app without first activating the aircraft with DJI. It says that it communicates with their server to activate and connect the warranty to my account. I can't complete the activation because the app will not recognize my email. I guess I'm grounded until DJI can resolve their server problems.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl