Tried and True Litchi Missions No Longer Load

Reaction score
I have flown hundreds of Litchi missions with my P3 & P4. Today, I tried to fly a P4 mission I have flown many times and as soon as I hit the play button I got an error message immediately saying it was unable to load the missions. Tried another routine mission, got the same message...immediately upon hitting "play." My P4 has the latest firmware, and I have the latest Litchi as well. It is not the old "distance between waypoint" thing, so if you guys have any ideas or other reports of issues, please chime in.

Best,

Rob

I had that happen once. I was showing off Litchi to a friend and simply couldn't get anything to load. I tried everything and had to give up. Tried the next day and it worked. No idea.

I had that happen once. I was showing off Litchi to a friend and simply couldn't get anything to load. I tried everything and had to give up. Tried the next day and it worked. No idea.
Spooked me since I mostly fly over water. The other thing that spooked me was one of the missions I routinely fly showed an outrageous time estimate. I am going to try turning off collision avoidance since that has an airspeed limitation below my normal mission cruise of 30 mph.

I'm getting this failed to upload more and more. I done the same mission lots of times too. No idea what the heck is going on

Neon Euc

I'm getting this failed to upload more and more. I done the same mission lots of times too. No idea what the heck is going on

Neon Euc

Neon Euc
I want to bench test this a bit more to see if I can iron it out. Might have something to do with the geo system or collision avoidance system which limits speed... to below my maximum cruise profile in Litchi of 30mph. I noticed my collision avoidance system is mysteriously turned back on....probably due to un update overwrite of my configuration. There are so many software components in play now that all maner of wierdness could emerge. I am going to double check all of my settings and waypoint parameters as a rule for future flights.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I fly missions all the time and never get that error unless bird is directly overhead and the signal isn't reaching..

I fly missions all the time and never get that error unless bird is directly overhead and the signal isn't reaching..

What's you opinion of the statemnt below? True/Untrue, partially true...?

DJI created one of the most impressive UAV hardware platforms and then depreciated it with inconceivable firmware/software. Unfortunately, and as of recent, DJI whilst trying to placate the FAA, in attempt to accomodate airspace issues related to an unintended flight into restricted or special use airspace make this aircraft just "land in place" instead of returning to home (you). Insane. This means your DJI drone could override your commands to come back home to you and instead land in place in the middle of a freeway. How stupid and utterly dangerous is this..?? At no time should the pilot in command of any aircraft be overridden by a robot, except to avoid a crash. Thanks to this "land in place situation," it's like being thrown out of the cockpit by the robot, but still being held accountable for the crash. Unauthorized Aircraft stray into restricred airspace numerous times every single day. Can you imagine the carnage if they were forced to immediately "crash land" on a freeway or neighborhood? Unless you fly in the middle of nowhere, steer well clear of the Phantom/DJI line until they resolve these issues. Between the FAA and DJI, they have created a needless recipe for disaster only a bureaucrat could conjure up. Make no mistake, you are the one who will be held accountable for this aircraft even when the robot kicks you out of the cockpit.

What's you opinion of the statemnt below? True/Untrue, partially true...?

DJI created one of the most impressive UAV hardware platforms and then depreciated it with inconceivable firmware/software. Unfortunately, and as of recent, DJI whilst trying to placate the FAA, in attempt to accomodate airspace issues related to an unintended flight into restricted or special use airspace make this aircraft just "land in place" instead of returning to home (you). Insane. This means your DJI drone could override your commands to come back home to you and instead land in place in the middle of a freeway. How stupid and utterly dangerous is this..?? At no time should the pilot in command of any aircraft be overridden by a robot, except to avoid a crash. Thanks to this "land in place situation," it's like being thrown out of the cockpit by the robot, but still being held accountable for the crash. Unauthorized Aircraft stray into restricred airspace numerous times every single day. Can you imagine the carnage if they were forced to immediately "crash land" on a freeway or neighborhood? Unless you fly in the middle of nowhere, steer well clear of the Phantom/DJI line until they resolve these issues. Between the FAA and DJI, they have created a needless recipe for disaster only a bureaucrat could conjure up. Make no mistake, you are the one who will be held accountable for this aircraft even when the robot kicks you out of the cockpit.
True...it happened to me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl