Transmitter Throttle Stick

Reaction score
I notice in the DJI videos, the guy puts the throttle stick down, and it stays down. Mine doesn't do that, it returns to center.

Is there something wrong with my transmitter?

Nothing wrong. Yours has the new spring to center update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the same situation. If the stick is spring back to center, that mean you land the Phantom at center stick?. What happen when you release your hand while flying? the Phantom is going down to land?

DzFly said:
I'm in the same situation. If the stick is spring back to center, that mean you land the Phantom at center stick?. What happen when you release your hand while flying? the Phantom is going down to land?

Nope. It hovers. It's fantastic. To land you throttle down gradually from the centered position. Once down you must hold MINIMUM (bottom-out) throttle for 4 - 5 seconds and the motors will turn off. If you land and then release the throttle back to center, it sits there with props turning gently, waiting and ready to take off again.

I almost always perform 4 - 5 landings at the end of every flight as the batteries start to run down. It's fun to do and good practice.

PF

So, when you first plug in the battery, the throttle stick is in center position right? What is the upper left switch off, CL, HL mean? which one should I use?

DzFly said:
So, when you first plug in the battery, the throttle stick is in center position right?

Yes.

What is the upper left switch off, CL, HL mean? which one should I use?

Read your manual and you will know. Hint: CL = course lock. HL = home lock. There are YouBoob videos that show you the functional differences in these modes, then YOU chose. I can't tell you how to fly your machine. That's for YOU to decide and no one else.

Man up and put a little effort into self-education. I'm glad to help, but no one is here to spoon-feed you like an infant.

PF

Greeting all. Question about the throttle stick. To turn off the motors you pull back on the throttle stick for 3-5 seconds per the manual. My question is if your in flight and are landing and it requires 3-5 sec to bring the Phantom down can the motors turn off in mid flight?

Thanks

C-Mac13 said:
Greeting all. Question about the throttle stick. To turn off the motors you pull back on the throttle stick for 3-5 seconds per the manual. My question is if your in flight and are landing and it requires 3-5 sec to bring the Phantom down can the motors turn off in mid flight?

Thanks

The "Intelligent Throttle Control" setting in the NAZA is what is supposed to prevent the motors from shutting off in flight from just holding the throttle too low, check to make sure you have that enabled

OI Photography said:
C-Mac13 said:

Thanks

The "Intelligent Throttle Control" setting in the NAZA is what is supposed to prevent the motors from shutting off in flight from just holding the throttle too low, check to make sure you have that enabled

Thank you. I appreciate the response. Still flying in Phantom till I master the flight.

No problem! I do believe it's enabled by default in the mode you're using, so you should be good. Holding the throttle that low can be risky even if the motors don't shut down, it's important to not descend too fast when coming straight down.

OI Photography said:
No problem! I do believe it's enabled by default in the mode you're using, so you should be good. Holding the throttle that low can be risky even if the motors don't shut down, it's important to not descend too fast when coming straight down.

I probably made more than a dozen full back descents before I read about the problem of getting caught in the turbulence and losing lift (aka: crash). I've since watched this carefully. I don't think it is a good idea to do a full of descent unless there is something very unusual going on (at the moment, I'm not sure what that would be). I have noticed that with GPS it seems to be much more gradual. In ATTI it seems to come down faster. Either way, if there isn't a need, I'm not going to do it.

Thank you guys for the info. I found the answers in the Naza manual. What I don't get is the manual says:
Both Immediately Mode and Intelligent Mode are available in the Assistant Software:
Advanced->Motor->Stop Type.
I don't have a motor tab in my AS. Is checking the IOC now the new way of changing this?

C-Mac13 said:
Thank you guys for the info. I found the answers in the Naza manual. What I don't get is the manual says:
Both Immediately Mode and Intelligent Mode are available in the Assistant Software:
Advanced->Motor->Stop Type.
I don't have a motor tab in my AS. Is checking the IOC now the new way of changing this?

I don't think you'll have access to that setting until you change to NAZA mode for the Assistant

I have already changed to Naza and don't have that tab. Good news is the Cut Off Type in the Motor window of the View tab says it's in Intelligent mode.

I am trying to slow down my yaw turns now that I have the Rotorpixel so that the scenery doesn't fly/blur past but I am not smooth enough on the yaw joystick to overcome too fast or too slow a rotation. Could I adjust the yaw gain in the PC Assistant software to reduce the yaw speed? My son and I did it for his F550 but that was by setting up one of his Hi-Tech Aurora 9 transmitter switches to slow down his yaw speed by about 60%.....it works great! But he said I can't do the same for my P2V because in the software doesn't allow me to adjust the yaw gain in advanced mode as opposed to basic mode. Is that correct?

Failing that approach, what about replacing the yaw self-centering spring in the Phantom transmitter with a tighter/heavier spring to take more effort to move the yaw input thereby slowing down the yaw commands to the P2V?

Be careful flying the phantom down a spiral motion... the stick combination comes close to the "center stick command" to power off the motors.

Intelligent motor control allows you to descend for any length of time with a full down left stick without the motors powering off. They will only power off when the on board barometric altimeter shows that you are no longer descending, ie: on the ground of held in your hand.

If you do the combination "center stick command" in flight it WILL POWER OFF THE ROTORS - so don't do it.. careful not to do it unintentionally either. It happened to me trying to fly a tight spiral downwards, ended in a 100 foot face plant upside down (on short grass, soft ground) resulting in 3 smashed props and a badly cracked (broken) GPS antenna.

The silence, when the rotors stopped over a 100 foot up, was unforgettable... :eek:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl