Transmitter left throttle down position help

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have had my phantom for a week and I notice the DJI videos and other videos talk about the left throttle being in the down position when starting etc. mine only stays in the centered position, when I push it down it centers. It isn't causing any problems but wanted to see if that's an issue and a remedy because I'm sure it's safer having the throttle down when not flying. Thanks!

You have one of the new style transmitters, that has the throttle centered. It will allow for easier hover, better control
during yaw moves, etc.

Nothing wrong with it at all, In fact some of the others still using the stock radio are adding the springs to the
throttle gimbal, to have it act as yours does.

Audaciter said:
You have one of the new style transmitters, that has the throttle centered. It will allow for easier hover, better control
during yaw moves, etc.

Nothing wrong with it at all, In fact some of the others still using the stock radio are adding the springs to the
throttle gimbal, to have it act as yours does.

THANKS!!

You only need to pull the throttle down to arm the motors.
In flight do NOT pull the throttle down too low (5-10%), the motors will STOP! :eek:

tanasit said:
In flight do NOT pull the throttle down too low (5-10%), the motors will STOP! :eek:

Not if you update to 3.12 and select intelligent motor control in the naza software :)

Driffill said:
tanasit said:

Not if you update to 3.12 and select intelligent motor control in the naza software :)

Copy and paste from the Assistant (MOTOR tab in Advance section)

Immediately In any control mode, once motors start and throttle stick is over 10%, motors will stop immediately when throttle stick is back under 10% again.In this case, if you push the throttle stick over 10% within 5 seconds after motors stop, motors will re-start. If you don’t push throttle stick after motors start in 3 seconds, motors will stop automatically.

Intelligent In any control mode, only push both sticks to the left or right bottom can stop motors.In ATTI./GPS Mode, any one of following cases will stop motors.
(1)You don’t push throttle stick after motors start within 3 seconds.
(2)Throttle stick under 10%, and after landing 3 seconds.
(3)The slope angle of multi-rotor is over 70°, and throttle stick under 10%.

tanasit said:
Intelligent In any control mode, only push both sticks to the left or right bottom can stop motors.In ATTI./GPS Mode, any one of following cases will stop motors.
(1)You don’t push throttle stick after motors start within 3 seconds.
(2)Throttle stick under 10%, and after landing 3 seconds.
(3)The slope angle of multi-rotor is over 70°, and throttle stick under 10%.

The motor's shouldn't stop with the stick under 10% unless you have landed the phantom

I just opened my new Phantom and I don't care for the throttle return to center. I figured how to remove the spring and adjust the tensioner. But I am concerned as to whether or not it is connected properly for Mode 2 operation. (left throttle) . Does any one have any idea as to the meaning of the connector designators on the pc board. I am referring to the AIN1-4, K1-2, and two pots labeled AN6. I seem to have read on some forum that AN6 is used for Ch7 to run the "tilt" on the stabilized Arris camera gimbal.
Can anyone verify or answer these issues?
Thanks

Channel 2(AIN2)and Channel 3 (AIN3).

If you buy your Phantom in the US, it should come defaulted Mode 2.
You can confirm this by connecting to the Assistant and do the Channel Monitor in the VIEW section. If it is Mode 2, the green T bar will move when you move the LEFT stick up/down.

As for the so called channel 7 which is X1 in the Assistant can be used either to change the Gain in flight or the pitch angle of the camera with the help of the lever below:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1082710/ ... Box-search

I am glad I found this thread. I just got a phantom and I noticed both sticks automatically center unlike other controllers I have seen. I thought mine was broken.

I'm glad I have found this thread too because I also thought my transmitter is broken. Thanks for the information!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl