Transmission Issue (RC and HD)

One last? but pretty interesting observation:

It looks as if the problem is somehow temperature-related. If I place the P4P outside my window (in Switzerland it's around 0°C at the moment), the transmission quality looks fine. If I take it inside, it soon starts to have dropouts... Of course the interference with other electronc devices is higher, inside, but not that much, I believe.

That could also explain why the two test flights worked pretty fine, at least for the first 10-15 minutes. Afterwards (maybe because the transmitter warmed up) the dropouts started to occur, even outside on the test field.

But no help - on whatever channel I set it, no improvements.
Unless I put the AC in the cold, the signal strength improves over time, until it reaches top quality after about 2-3 minutes.

I have a brand new P4 Pro which I upgraded to the most recent firmware, aircraft as well as RC. I'm running DJI GO 4 on an iPad mini. Everything works fine except for spurious transmission errors, independent of the distance (pilot - aircraft). This happens while the aircraft is on the ground as well as in while airborne.

Even in only a few meters distance, suddenly, error messages appear:
  • "Weak Image Transmission Signal and/or
  • "Aircraft Disconnected"
The small field strength indicators (RC and HD) only show 1 (of 5) ticks and turn red sometimes. Very often there are reconnects and disconnects over and over again until the aircraft is rebooted.

Here a brief video with the P4P Pro on the ground (indoor) and the RC just 1-2 meters away:

I have no idea whether this issue is RC- or aircraft- or even firmware-related.
Any help welcome.

I had the same issue, just came back from a test flight and its FIXED :)

With the IPAD AIR 2 connected to P4P by USB cable, I accessed that Grey Screen ( Software downgrade screen) and Selected REFRESH the current latest software, version 01.01.0203 ).

I did nothing else, just seemed like a corrupted previous firmware upgrade.

no more:
  • "Weak Image Transmission Signal and/or
  • "Aircraft Disconnected"

Good Luck

Thanks for the hint! I down- and re-upgraded my P4P more than once, without any help.

After the latest upgrade it actually looked good for a while but then failed again. As described earlier, I have come to the conclusion that the problem with my P4P was somehow temperature-related. The problems started as soon as the P4P was switched on for a while. After placing it in a colder environment the problems went away, just to come back at ambient temperature. I was able to repeat that 3 or more consequtive times, without restart.

I hence returned the P4P to my hobby shop, waiting for a replacement.
One day, ...

I have the same problem, i arrived in maldives for a shooting and is almost 8 daus that i trying a solution... have same problem with rc firmware too.. contacted dji support and on facevook too, i have dji care and i ask them to replace my drone sending it in honk kong from here but as usual noway eith dji, since i boight it from italy i have to send it in nederlands... no time to get it back and finish mu work, so i m spending my daus in empirical blind flight, i want be honest ; i really start to hate DJI ... their support doesnt give any solituons at all .. if is a problem of temperature i cant risolve it in anyway, here always 30 degree lot of umidity... 2 weeks ago i were in Namibia 50-60 degree celsius temperature but not upgraded temperature, no great distance trasmission signal but i can see in the monitor what i was shooting , not easy work in a magnetic sand desert like it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Tom K
Unlucky, I understand your feelings about DJI...
Still enjoy your trip to Maldives, I believe there is much more than aerial imaging :)

It's my 20th time i come here , it is a great place but I m here for video work not for a vacation...that's why i m so upset

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Sure, I fully understand. My experience so far is not to rely on one drone at all, if ever possible. Unexpected firmware updates, newly introduced airspace restrictions, sudden flaws which never occurred in the past, ... -- so many things which may go wrong (and actually do). And, of course, crashes. I feel sorry for your waste of time.

If you have a defective drone, I'm not sure what answers we can give here. :/ You have to send it to DJI. If your work depends on having a working drone, then you should always ensure you have a backup and test them before your trip. If the issue is the environment, I'm not sure why you are blaming DJI for that.

The aircraft has been replaced and the new one seems to work. No more transmission issues, so far.
Hoping for the best...

Thanks for your valuable support.

I just got mine back from the shop, downloaded the latest firmware and I am having the exact same problem, I am afraid to fly it.

Unlucky.

Does it also appear and disappear depending on temperature. That was the point where I gave up looking for firmware-related problems and got my P4P replaced.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor