trackimo makes my drone fly crooked, its to heavy? wth??

Reaction score
I put my trackimo on the gimbalguard and used Velcro to attach it with a wire leader leash. I ordered the thingy that screws to the legs but its not here yet. I am finally getting some distance flights in and wanted to make sure if I did a bad thing I could find my drone.
any idea where I can put it that wont make it fly bad? The angle is so bad that the camera would take drunk pictures.

I have my PocketFinder on the gimbal guard with no issues, I have also used it attached to the outside of the leg also with no issues. Have you checked to see it flies level with it off?

Reactions: Reed L
The Trackimo only weighs 1.4 ounces. That's really enough to angle your Phantom?

I just got the leg mount for mine today, so I'm hoping that works well.

yes I did check to see how it flies without it and it flew fine,
We have about 8-10 months winds but that is normal for us,

Here is the way I have it on.
temporary_zps7wqcdqr9.jpg

I ordered the mounting widget and the rail system they use is not restrictive, here it is just wanting to slide right off the bar.
temporary_zpseps6tpyd.jpg

I ordered the mounting widget and the rail system they use is not restrictive, here it is just wanting to slide right off the bar.

That's weird. The one I received seems pretty tight on the bar. Maybe just put a dab of glue to hold it in place on the bar? I think the only reason they make it in two pieces is so that they can use the same mounting bar with several different cradles for different tracker models.

Right. So no issues with yours?
You just unscrew the legs slide this in and screw themselves back?
The screws aren't holding any electronics inside?

Asking because it'll still be weight on the side rather than the back. So it's not centered. If you know what I mean,

Well, mine just arrived in the mail today so I haven't actually installed it yet. But my understanding is that the screws that you use for mounting are just holding the landing gear on, no electronics inside.

It does mount to the side, but it's really not that far from the center and is pretty light. It's closer to the center of gravity than where you have your trackimo mounted now, so it might make all the difference.

guess i'll have to use ductape or superglue to attach a 200$ part to a 900$ drone.... FML

Hahaha, you mounted it like that? lol. You're not supposed to drink and fly :)
I used the Trackimo Velcro that came with it and it works fine and flies great. I wonder if it's being caused by a bad IMU cal or something?
DSC00906.JPG
DSC00907.JPG
DSC00908.JPG

Reactions: Fir3b1rd
Some where I saw a pic of a Trackimo attached under the positioning system. The logic being the VPS was turned off and that spot was close to center of gravity. I do not know how it was attach tho.

Hahaha, you mounted it like that? lol. You're not supposed to drink and fly :)
I used the Trackimo Velcro that came with it and it works fine and flies great. I wonder if it's being caused by a bad IMU cal or something? View attachment 43357 View attachment 43358 View attachment 43360
Think my gimme guard is further up maybe, the camer would very gently tap it so I slid it out.
Mixing some two part epoxy for that stupid mount thing, talk about a waste of money.

Think my gimme guard is further up maybe, the camer would very gently tap it so I slid it out.
Mixing some two part epoxy for that stupid mount thing, talk about a waste of money.
Yea I slid it back a bit on the guard until it cleared but it works great. The Velcro does a good job. With the gimbal being free floating, even if your bird flies a little off center, the camera should still be level. Are you sure that you're not getting the Jello effect that people have been talking about with one of the firmware updates?

Yea I slid it back a bit on the guard until it cleared but it works great. The Velcro does a good job. With the gimbal being free floating, even if your bird flies a little off center, the camera should still be level. Are you sure that you're not getting the Jello effect that people have been talking about with one of the firmware updates?
Ummm... I'm more worried about the handling of the aircraft or nocking into something because it's not orientated the way I think it is.
Plus I'm a little ocd, she shouldn't fly on an angle.
Th camera foolishness I'm still learning, so Bill Cosby violating my video is still to be a tad expected.

My tracker is mounted as shown in the pics. No issues of balance or weird camera angles.

Been trying to put that stupid holder on but I can't find the size of the little screw things

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl