Top Speed P4P vs P4

Yes but I'd imagine limitations are in place for damage control.
Why not strap on a chainsaw and some metal props as someone suggested and then we have the ultimate killing machine.
Again, you would "imagine" incorrectly. The speed was increased from the Phantom 2 series and the Phantom 3 series. The Inspire goes way faster. The limitations are in there for many reasons, but "damage control" is quite low on the list - because it makes absolutely NO sense. - see post above. Your car can drive much faster than 60 mph. The manufacturer doesn't limit it's maximum speed to 60 mph. And an impact in an automobile is markedly different at 50 mph vs 80 mph.

Last edited:
63.81 with a nice tail wind.

P4.jpg

Yes but I'd imagine limitations are in place for damage control.
Why not strap on a chainsaw and some metal props as someone suggested and then we have the ultimate killing machine.

Oh good grief. How is this any different than vehicles, planes, copters and every other activity that has a level of risk?

Reactions: SteveNPhx
I always balance my props and I consistently reach speeds of 40-45 MPH in P mode and up top 65 MPH (with a tailwind) in S mode. I can tell you that I don't need a crazy tailwind to reach those speeds and even with a slight tailwind I'll usually cruise at anywhere from 52-64 MPH in S mode and 38-42-ish in P mode. That's true for both my P4 and P4P Plus.

I always balance my props and I consistently reach speeds of 40-45 MPH in P mode and up top 65 MPH (with a tailwind) in S mode. I can tell you that I don't need a crazy tailwind to reach those speeds and even with a slight tailwind I'll usually cruise at anywhere from 52-64 MPH in S mode and 38-42-ish in P mode. That's true for both my P4 and P4P Plus.
Those numbers would be right for km/hr but not mph.
I find it hard to believe that your Phantom goes so much faster than everyone else's or the published specs.
Balancing your props won't make any difference to speeds.

Those numbers would be right for km/hr but not mph.
I find it hard to believe that your Phantom goes so much faster than everyone else's or the published specs.
Balancing your props won't make any difference to speeds.

I found it hard to believe that all of your speeds are so slow but then I read some of the other threads of the same topic on this very forum and everyone had similar speeds as mine if not faster. Go take a look for yourself.

I found it hard to believe that all of your speeds are so slow but then I read some of the other threads of the same topic on this very forum and everyone had similar speeds as mine if not faster. Go take a look for yourself.
Actually if you are running the latest firmware, the speeds are limited in all modes except ATTI. This is confirmed by DJI- even with a tailwind in sport mode it will max out at 45mph.

And in P mode- there is absolutely no way you "consistently get 45mph". There was a bug in previous software that listed speeds in km/h even if set to mph. You clearly have that.

And again, balancing props on a P4 is irrelevant, meaningless, and frankly a waste of time for half a dozen reasons including but not limited to aerodynamic irrelevance and that props are not the cause of any jello/rolling shutter effect anyway.
I always chuckle at people who say they "balance their props".

Reactions: KingDad1985
Hello,

My name is Aaron Dalluge and I am an aspiring photographer, with dreams of one day making a living off of photography. I am starting this GoFundMe in hopes of getting a little help with purchasing some equipment. Below is the link to my page. Any amount will help me out greatly, and I appreciate every donation.
Omg- get the f**k off this page with your spam. And go get a job rather than beg for money on a gofundme page.

Click here to support Aarons Photography Fund organized by Aaron Dalluge

How about getting the hell off this page with your spam. Word of advice- spend your time getting a job rather than begging for money on a gofundmepage and spamming forums in the hopes of free stuff?

The speeds you quoted are well above the still air speeds that a Phantom can achieve.
You would only go that much faster than the published specs with a big tailwind assist or confusing km/h with mph.

The speeds you quoted are well above the still air speeds that a Phantom can achieve.
You would only go that much faster than the published specs with a big tailwind assist or confusing km/h with mph.
Exactly! And he says he "consistently gets those speeds" so I think it is more likely he is confusing mph with kph. And with the latest firmware updates the P4P won't even go over 45mph with a tailwind unless it is in ATTI mode.

Well, you can chuckle all you want sweet pea... doesn't change the fact the dozens and dozens of pilots on this very forum know how to overcome the "limitations" that you obviously don't. So... enjoy your new firmware, chuckles and slow drone. People like you are so funny. Your silly reply made my day (and a few other peoples). Thanks for the comic relief, bozo. No go scammer back down to your mother's basement and write, proofread and rewrite your brilliant and insiteful retort. I'm sure you'll find it clever as you press the return key with your Cheeto-covered finger. At least it'll give us all something to chuckle about tomorrow as well.

Well, you can chuckle all you want sweet pea... doesn't change the fact the dozens and dozens of pilots on this very forum know how to overcome the "limitations" that you obviously don't. So... enjoy your new firmware, chuckles and slow drone. People like you are so funny. Your silly reply made my day (and a few other peoples). Thanks for the comic relief, bozo. No go scammer back down to your mother's basement and write, proofread and rewrite your brilliant and insiteful retort. I'm sure you'll find it clever as you press the return key with your Cheeto-covered finger. At least it'll give us all something to chuckle about tomorrow as well.
Sorry, "sweet pea". There aren't "dozens and dozens" of people like you who don't know the difference between kph and mph. Also "insightful" is spelled as such- you may want to brush up on your English "subgenius". It certainly is an understated name in your case. FYI- 1mph is 1.6kph.

Here's just a few screenshots. For the life of me I can't understand why youd think I'd make it up to impress a few guys who I never met and never will... but... take a look. Then go look on the other threads of the same subject. You boys been flying long?

0_o

Attachments

• IMG_1639.PNG
    IMG_1639.PNG
    489.8 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_1640.PNG
    IMG_1640.PNG
    413.5 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_1641.PNG
    IMG_1641.PNG
    397 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_1642.PNG
    IMG_1642.PNG
    425.9 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_1643.PNG
    IMG_1643.PNG
    441.7 KB · Views: 318
Here's just a few screenshots. For the life of me I can't understand why youd think I'd make it up to impress a few guys who I never met and never will... but... take a look. Then go look on the other threads of the same subject. You boys been flying long?
Long enough to know that the "Top Speed" displayed in the app is completely bogus.
Go to the flight you did 64.3 mph on 27/11/2016 and replay it in the app.
See if you can find anywhere in that flight that you got anywhere close to 60mph.
I'm guessing the fastest you'll find is about 40 mph

Sorry, "sweet pea". There aren't "dozens and dozens" of people like you who don't know the difference between kph and mph. Also "insightful" is spelled as such- you may want to brush up on your English "subgenius". It certainly is an understated name in your case. FYI- 1mph is 1.6kph.

Oh I'm aware of the conversion rate. And "Subgenius" is good from a fairly well known book. Oh and thanks for correcting the spelling of a post typed quickly with my thumb while in the middle of an actual conversation with a real live person. I posted some screenshots in reply to the other guy's comment. Although I'm wondering why I'm even making the effort because frankly, I couldn't care less whether you think I'm right, wrong or otherwise.

Long enough to know that the "Top Speed" displayed in the app is completely bogus.
Go to the flight you did 64.3 mph on 27/11/2016 and replay it in the app.
See if you can find anywhere in that flight that you got anywhere close to 60mph.
I'm guessing the fastest you'll find is about 40 mph
???

My lord. Okay fellas... ya got me. It was all a fabrication to try and look cool on the "Drone Pilots" forum. Lol. Take it easy, boys. You'll figure it out someday.

There's a well known glitch in the app which shows the Top Speed in km/h despite saying it is mph.
Your Phantom doesn't go any faster than anyone else's balanced props or not.

I fly multiple P4s, P4Ps and various other drones at those speeds every day and so do many others. I don't understand why you won't take the time to look at the other threads on this same forum where countless people have posted video of the replay, video of the actual flight... I couldn't be bothered personally but for someone who has posted nearly 10,000 messages on this board (you), I'd think you'd have the time to take a gander. BTW - and I'm asking seriously, not sarcastically - have you ever built a multirotor or opened one of the stock DJI models up and tinkered around or are you a one drone kinda man? Do ya drink your drones neat or on the rocks?

I fly multiple P4s, P4Ps and various other drones at those speeds every day and so do many others. I don't understand why you won't take the time to look at the other threads on this same forum where countless people have posted video of the replay, video of the actual flight... I couldn't be bothered personally but for someone who has posted nearly 10,000 messages on this board (you), I'd think you'd have the time to take a gander. BTW - and I'm asking seriously, not sarcastically - have you ever built a multirotor or opened one of the stock DJI models up and tinkered around or are you a one drone kinda man? Do ya drink your drones neat or on the rocks?
Says the guy who denies the well-known kph bug in the app and "balances his props". Bwahahahaha!!! And for the record, I don't think you "made up speeds" to impress people on a drone forum. I just think you are too ignorant, stupid,and prideful to know that you are dealing with a well-known bug in an older version of firmware and an older app. You can't admit your own foolishness to yourself and admit that you are wrong. It's called the "Dunning-Kruger Effect". You should read about it sometime!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT