To Update or not?

Reaction score
I just got my P2V+ and was wondering with all the talk about issues with the latest firmware should I update before flight or not, any thoughts? Thanks.

jw190d9 said:
I just got my P2V+ and was wondering with all the talk about issues with the latest firmware should I update before flight or not, any thoughts? Thanks.

no reason to update only thing new is slower decent and if no prop gaurds that's not an issue anyway

skyhighdiver said:
jw190d9 said:

no reason to update only thing new is slower decent and if no prop gaurds that's not an issue anyway

Even without prop guards, VRS is an issue.

I've updated mine, no issues so far.

lowering descent speed to a safe level isn't a problem to me. Obviously DJI has had a large number of reports of people crashing their phantoms by descending to quickly. Better safe than sorry.

If you live near an airport and want to fly your copter high up, the new firmware will restrict you from doing that. More specifically, if you live within 5 miles the height you can fly will be limited from 30 feet or so to 400 feet further out from the center (at 5miles out) . If you live within 1.5 miles, you cannot fly your P2 at all!

DocSteveMaxi said:
If you live near an airport and want to fly your copter high up, the new firmware will restrict you from doing that. More specifically, if you live within 5 miles the height you can fly will be limited from 30 feet or so to 400 feet further out from the center (at 5miles out) . If you live within 1.5 miles, you cannot fly your P2 at all!

well.... The software that comes on the Phantom 2 Vision+ already has those restrictions. No difference there.

I'd update. There are some cool new features around the corner so everyone is going to update sooner or later anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl