to mod or not to mod

Reaction score
Had my Vision for a year now. About 200 flights. Except for battery problems its been a very good bird. Have modded to get good reliable range. My thing is exploring around the mountains and desert. To old to do much hiking anymore so the Vision does the walking for me. Not into photography except for my own purpose.

One thing about the vision or the vision plus I never liked is the wide angle lens. It really sucks for FPV flying here. You need to be so close to objects in order to get a good view.

The mods I have been contemplating are a Ragecam 5.4 lens and a 2 axis Rotopexel gimbal. Now that will probably run around $1000. With the $2000 I have already invested in the Vision that would make it a 3k machine. Wow I could have had an Inspire for that money, but the extras would easily bring it to 4k. Something like the Align M480 with a decent camera and gimbal is another option for around $4500.

Which option to go with has got me in a stalemate. Whatever I do the wide angle lens has got to go. Whats your opinion?

I would wait on the inspire as some have said it still has bugs to be worked out from what I have read in the inspire forum

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl