Tips for low flyover shots?

Reaction score
Seems like the best video shots I've seen involve super low flyovers: buildings, bridges, trees etc. Especially with the wide angle lens it feels like you gotta cut it really close to get a great shot.

Anyone have any advice for doing that? Any tips and tricks you use? Maybe like watching the horizon carefully through the fpv or something?

Thanks!

I learned pretty quickly to disable the automatic iPhone tilt control... too much unnecessary movement in the footage. It does have it uses though for some things.
Just remember that slow and steady is better as you can always speed up the footage later.
You've got like 20 minutes per battery so that's plenty to take a few runs at the same shot.
I always fly a couple of metres above the highest tree/obstacle so if I get mixed up or disorientated then I don't hit anything.
First I check the run/area visibly then try to make the shot I want with the FPV, if I look up to check then I'm bound to disrupt the smoothness of the run.
As with anything... practice, practice, practice.

If you are flying over a field of flowers or something like that you will see a ton of artifacting. Reduce to 720P to help reduce this.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl