Tips for litchi

Sorry to jump on this thread, but got a couple of questions you guys may be able to answer...
I've recently upgraded from a Standard to an Advanced. I had litchi on the Standard, but due to poor FPV signal issues, never really used it much.
1)Is there much difference with using Litchi on an advanced? Could never get magic leash to work on the Standard (probably due to using wifi to connect the tablet).

2)Are there still issues if you have DJI Go on the tablet? I used to have reliability issues with Litchi until I was told on here to force close GO first.
3)Is there anymore functionality with Litchi on an Advanced over the standard?
4) when switching to F-mode, do the various modes pop up when you change the switch? They never did on the standard, I used to have to switch to F mode, the manually select which intelligent flight mode I wanted. I know GO brings up the modes as soon as you change to F on the controller.
I particularly want to use the tracking mode with Litchi, not too fussed about Waypoints as like to fly manually with my new found range (compared to the standard!!), but would like to use tracking whilst flying to simplify a few things.

Thanks for looking...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You'd be better to do a few practice/familiarisation flights with Litchi before going to extremes right off the bat.
Get familiar with it and understand how it works first.

In all these discussions about video dropouts, bear in mind that the footage in the AC doesn't have them. It is also much higher quality, so you should always use the footage from it.

The ac video stream that is displayed and recorded to the phone/tablet, is very low quality. It is mostly useful for piloting the ac, and getting an immediate rough idea of what you have.

A few things about the 32ch hack.

The AUTO mode does not use the extra channels you get from the 32ch HACK. Auto only uses the channels that come stock, 13 through 20. Usually 20 is the least busy, but if you implement the HACK, then use channels 30, 31 or 32. Those are usually always dead quiet because home and phone wifi doesn't use those frequencies.

Using a CUSTOM channel doesn't give you better video range by itself. The reduction in bit rate from 10mbps to 4mpbs is what improves the video range, and that slider bar ONLY APPEARS as an option AFTER you select a custom channel. This option does not appear in AUTO mode. In some areas Auto works fine, but if you're having range problems, or want to maximize range, select CUSTOM CHANNEL #20 for instance, THEN set TRANSMISSION QUALITY to 4mbps bit rate (or 32 if you have the hack), and see how your range improves. This reduction in bit rate means the craft has less data to transmit, which increases range. A $19 windsurfer helps a lot too, just slip it over your antennas to double your range.

Reactions: NRJ
A few things about the 32ch hack.

The AUTO mode does not use the extra channels you get from the 32ch HACK. Auto only uses the channels that come stock, 13 through 20. Usually 20 is the least busy, but if you implement the HACK, then use channels 30, 31 or 32. Those are usually always dead quiet because home and phone wifi doesn't use those frequencies.

Using a CUSTOM channel doesn't give you better video range by itself. The reduction in bit rate from 10mbps to 4mpbs is what improves the video range, and that slider bar ONLY APPEARS as an option AFTER you select a custom channel. This option does not appear in AUTO mode. In some areas Auto works fine, but if you're having range problems, or want to maximize range, select CUSTOM CHANNEL #20 for instance, THEN set TRANSMISSION QUALITY to 4mbps bit rate (or 32 if you have the hack), and see how your range improves. This reduction in bit rate means the craft has less data to transmit, which increases range. A $19 windsurfer helps a lot too, just slip it over your antennas to double your range.

So I've had the hack forever and had rock solid video. Always on 32 and always at 4mb transmission.

Until last night I realized I updated my app. About a mile out even with my MAXXUAV DBS antenna, I started getting a flicker on the video. Had steady bars on the TX and the Video feed. I couldn't for the life of me figure it out. Usually solid signal means solid video.

This morning I went to fly and saw that I lost the hack... It was on Channel 20 and 6mb.

It's worth doing!

Neon Euc: I think Flying Mantis was asking if it is legal to fly ABOVE 400 ft, when he said "over 400 ft." It is not legal to fly above that in the US. But you seem to be referring to the longitudinal distance you are flying. Correct?

Neon Euc: I think Flying Mantis was asking if it is legal to fly ABOVE 400 ft, when he said "over 400 ft." It is not legal to fly above that in the US. But you seem to be referring to the longitudinal distance you are flying. Correct?
To be clear, it's 400 AGL. It's legal to be at 1500' above your take off point as long as you're less than 400' AGL, such as climbing a mountain. Or....you can go 400' above a structure. So with a 300' building, you can go 700' AGL, as long as you're within 400' from the structure in all directions.

Last edited:
So I've had the hack forever and had rock solid video. Always on 32 and always at 4mb transmission.

Until last night I realized I updated my app. About a mile out even with my MAXXUAV DBS antenna, I started getting a flicker on the video. Had steady bars on the TX and the Video feed. I couldn't for the life of me figure it out. Usually solid signal means solid video.

This morning I went to fly and saw that I lost the hack... It was on Channel 20 and 6mb.

It's worth doing!

It appears you are suggesting that you cannot use the hack with the latest Go app, is that correct? Did you try to reload the hack? If the hack door has been closed, that's a big problem.

No I'm not suggesting that.... I'm saying I updated and lost the hack. Which I believe is normal? I think you have to keep redoing it when you update?

On iOS, I can't get Litchi to use the channel hack, which does work with DJI Go in my iPad. The extra channels above 20 do not appear in the Litchi app. Litchi defaults back to Auto channel, even though Channel 31 is selected manually and used whenever running only DJI Go.

Must the channel hack file ALSO be installed manually into the Litchi app folder on the iPadPro, in addition to the DJI Go folder, to work?

What am I doing wrong? Without the channel hack, I can't use Litchi, as the video feed is critical to my long range flying. Please help!

Last edited:
No I'm not suggesting that.... I'm saying I updated and lost the hack. Which I believe is normal? I think you have to keep redoing it when you update?

Only if you fully uninstalled the prior version of the app before installing the newest version. Otherwise, the hack should survive the normal update process, if it, in fact works with iOS. However the channel hack certainly is not working for me, under any version of Litchi! :eek:

Only if you fully uninstalled the prior version of the app before installing the newest version. Otherwise, the hack should survive the normal update process, if it, in fact works with iOS. However the channel hack certainly is not working for me, under any version of Litchi! :eek:

It didn't! I couldn't believe it myself. The transmission rate went up also

It didn't! I couldn't believe it myself. The transmission rate went up also

Are you sure the hack worked in Litchi on iOS prior to the update? I have been led to believe the 32 channel hack does not work while with flying Litchi, due to the limitations of the SDK. Is the hack still there and working in DJI Go after the update? Have you tried reinstalling it?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20