Tips for litchi

Reaction score
Hi guys I just got litchi tonight and will test it tomorrow but just have a few questions.

1) if I set a way point mission can I take control of the phantom at any point?

2) I only noticed that I can select from 32 channels... Can I do this mid flight or would I have to land the P3A turn it off and restart the app?

3) DJI Go is a great app but the video feed can cut off around 1200-1600 feet high... This is the main reason why I got litchi to change the channel... So what channel do you guys use (I know different locations such as urban, city, farm will give different results...just curious to see what most use)

4) the "32 channel" trick.... Is the trick that you use channel 32 or is it you can select from 32 channels? Basically I mean do people do that trick just to pick channel 32?

Thank you for reading and for any answers... Still learning but enjoying it ever so much.

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is nerve racking now as I just read a few things about litchi.... I was going to use litchi tomorrow but not to sure. Reason is with DJI go I sent my phantom as high it can go... Then when it loses signal it will RTH. but it sounds like if I did that with litchi then the moment I lose signal it will hover and not RTH. that scares the crap out of me. Esp if the battery dies then it may land elsewhere like in a road

This is nerve racking now as I just read a few things about litchi.... I was going to use litchi tomorrow but not to sure. Reason is with DJI go I sent my phantom as high it can go... Then when it loses signal it will RTH. but it sounds like if I did that with litchi then the moment I lose signal it will hover and not RTH. that scares the crap out of me. Esp if the battery dies then it may land elsewhere like in a road

This is all very clearly explained by Litchi in the help file. It will RTH providing your settings in GO app and litchi are RTH.

This is the main reason why I got litchi to change the channel...
Just checking - you know that you can change channels (custom select) in the GO app, right?

[If you are in a region that does not allow custom channel settings in the GO app and you want to custom select channels, Apple device owners often set their region to US. Android device owners often set their device language to English (US) or sometimes to Spanish (US)]

Channel hack... What does it mean??

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc
Hi guys I just got litchi tonight and will test it tomorrow but just have a few questions.

2) I only noticed that I can select from 32 channels... Can I do this mid flight or would I have to land the P3A turn it off and restart the app?

3) DJI Go is a great app but the video feed can cut off around 1200-1600 feet high... This is the main reason why I got litchi to change the channel... So what channel do you guys use (I know different locations such as urban, city, farm will give different results...just curious to see what most use)

4) the "32 channel" trick.... Is the trick that you use channel 32 or is it you can select from 32 channels? Basically I mean do people do that trick just to pick channel 32?

Thank you for reading and for any answers... Still learning but enjoying it ever so much.

1. Once a mission is in progress (must be in the "F" mode), you can cancel the mission and take control by switching the "PAF" switch to P and you have complete control of the aircraft at that time.

2. If you did the 32 channel hack in DJI Go app, you can change it in Litchi to any of the 31 channels or Auto by clicking the numbered box. However, you need to know the frequency range of the antenna boosters you are using. Example: I bought the FPVLR antenna V2 system with Sunhan boosters. I was using the 32 channel hack and I kept having very limited range only up to about 15000 feet. Then I asked the experts on this forum and one guy told me that the Sunhans only use up to 14 of the 32 channels in their frequency range. So, after that, I put it to Auto (RC chooses) and I haven't had a problem. If you are only using the RC built-in antenna's, I don't know the frequency range of those for channels.

3. I put mine to auto as explained above.

4. The 32 channel is a hack, not a trick. Have you performed the hack? If you did, then in the DJI Go app, you can go into the setting and in the "HD" settings you will see "Channel" and across from that "Auto" or "Custom". Choose Auto if you want DJI to choose the appropriate channel. If one channel is weak, it will automatically go to the next stronger signal and you won't have to worry about it.

This is a great hobby. Keep up the learning. Happy flying.

Thanks guys for the input... Really appreciate it.... I did do the channel hack and as soon as I launched it I couldn't change it as it was on auto, but looking back that was down to me not changing the phone region. But I will try channel 32 first and work my way through there and see what I can get on distance and length wise. Also.... Every time I launch the app I manually have to select return to home if signal is lost... Is this normal? Bear in mind I haven't actually connected the app to the phantom yet. But other settings like saving imperial over metric did save. I will test in the morning as its 3.25am and I don't think I will be too popular launching it now with the neighbours lol

You can change channels in the GO app also.

Thanks guys for the input... Really appreciate it.... I did do the channel hack and as soon as I launched it I couldn't change it as it was on auto, but looking back that was down to me not changing the phone region. But I will try channel 32 first and work my way through there and see what I can get on distance and length wise. Also.... Every time I launch the app I manually have to select return to home if signal is lost... Is this normal? Bear in mind I haven't actually connected the app to the phantom yet. But other settings like saving imperial over metric did save. I will test in the morning as its 3.25am and I don't think I will be too popular launching it now with the neighbours lol

If the app is not connected to the app, it will not keep your settings. Once connected, and you got through and set all the setting the way you want them, they will remain until you change them again. Good luck.

If the app is not connected to the app, it will not keep your settings. Once connected, and you got through and set all the setting the way you want them, they will remain until you change them again. Good luck.
Thanks NRJ... I will get the bird up in an hour or so and keep you guys updated. Am I right in thinking channel 32 would be the best to use as that's the one people hardly use ? I mean phones, WiFi, etc... Doesn't use channel 32?

Neon, not to sound like a jerk here... But litchi is all explained in this forum a million times. Also the Go app.

It's just obvious to me that you haven't read any of it.

You need to read that manual twice before you send your drone off into the world

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The Litchi app works perfectly. I've used it at least a hundred times and it has never malfunctioned. I prefer it to the DJI Go app because it gives audio feedback during the mission. I lost contact with the drone one time during a way-point mission and it returned to home just like it was programmed to do. Like the poster above me said, you need to read the manual and understand what the app does before you fly your bird using the app. The last thing you want to happen is have something go wrong with your bird inflight and not know how to take control and land it.

Thanks NRJ... I will get the bird up in an hour or so and keep you guys updated. Am I right in thinking channel 32 would be the best to use as that's the one people hardly use ? I mean phones, WiFi, etc... Doesn't use channel 32?

Because this is your first flight, I would use Auto. Let the AC and RC do what they do best. You are better off using it as it was created to be used first. Get used to it normally. Once you become proficient at flying and learn about your AC, RC, monitor/tablet, range, antenna's etc. Then and only then should you venture out changing things. Learn your AC limits first. Good luck to you.

Thanks guys... I only wanted it to change the channels, factory reset my phone to American settings... And still the channels are stuck in auto lol oh well... It's nice to know that I have options to choose between litchi and GO. Have not taken full advantage of it yet like follow me, orbit, etc..... But will do when I feel I'm ready

How high are planning on flying your bird or how high do you normally fly?.

stop worrying about the channels, it doesn't give you better signal for controlling the drone, it just controls video.
I had the hack and manually changed it from time to time but IMO auto is best to use, which will only use the default channels

I usually get between 900-1600 meters depending on signal in the same park I go to which is in an urban area. however yesterday I done a long distance which was a mile and a half. that was in a wide open space. really enjoyed that as I never get that distance where I live

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20