Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Tile app for tracking

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by bobmoss, Aug 20, 2015.

1. bobmoss

Aug 5, 2015
    Good afternoon. Has anyone tried the tile app for tracking? Says it can record on gps the last known place. Works with bluetooth for close range to beep so you hear it. But I was thinking this is small, light, and records the last known position to gps. Anyone looked into this? Not a real tech guy here. Love to fly but leave the tech stuff to the engineer type guys. lol

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

Oct 30, 2014
    This is not a GPS tracker and will only be helpful if you're within about 100' of your Phantom. If a GPS tracker is what you're really after, then try a Trackimo -- or, another from this list of commonly used Phantom trackers:

DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help
    #2 msinger, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  3. J.James

Apr 21, 2014
    I had one of them and to even say it sucked the big one would be an understatement. Not only do you need to be almost right on top of it and with in 100 feet or closer to even pick up its location. Some times it will report its locaton and be as much as 100 feet or more off from were it really is.
    Tho the beacon chirping thing might be handy if you happen to be looking for it and are right on it but cant see it and want to listen for the sound. Like if its in tall grass or behind some thing or up in a tree and just happen to not be seeing it even tho you are right were its at.

If I had paid money for it I would of been very pissed about how crappy an unreliable it is. But glad that they gave it to me for free to test it out being its not even worth a postage stamp to send it back.

I could not find any much usable use for it other then if I wanted to use it for the chirp which works if you are in range to get the chirp sound to activate. I was thinking of maybe putting it on one our cats that is strictly and indoor cat who likes to play hide and seek and make my old lady accuse me of accidentally letting her out of the house. If more then 5 seconds goes by were she cant find her.
    dirkclod likes this.