Thoughts on this drone backpack?

Reaction score
2169c6d24d0ba25b622c144e3f1bec4f.jpg

1d2fe23c82c8099ef72ea433fc39cc71.jpg

Reactions: Nowelly
That backpack look frágil to me and i don't think I will be confident carrying $1200 or more in equipment. I think you can get something more decent for $40 or $50 bucks.
IMO

It hooks in the front, it can hold a few batts some how lol not really sure yet. Will follow up Monday when I receive it! I wanted something for hiking. I know it won't protect but will weigh much less

It hooks in the front, it can hold a few batts some how lol not really sure yet. Will follow up Monday when I receive it! I wanted something for hiking. I know it won't protect but will weigh much less

It hooks in front but that looks like nothing more than a lanyard for when you're flying.

Unless I'm missing something, the controller is going to be swinging all over the place while walking/hiking.

Better wear a jock supporter...;)

It hooks in front but that looks like nothing more than a lanyard for when you're flying.

Unless I'm missing something, the controller is going to be swinging all over the place while walking/hiking.

Better wear a jock supporter...;)

That's what I'm thinking I'm super unsure about it. Guess no one has one like this lol

To be honest they are only good for a short walk to a near field or park. I wouldn't wear it on a train for fear of getting it nicked or people bumping into it breaking it in a crowded space

If Blade was a drone pilot.

A primary purpose for my backpack is so nobody knows what I'm carrying. Anything less isn't acceptable for me, not even a picture of a drone, and definitely not a DJI logo. If anyone asks me what I'm carrying, it's camera equipment.

Reactions: bmadsen
Interesting design! I must admit though that I love my Manfrotto D1: it fits everything snuggly, and additional camera gear, and it is designed to fit as cabin luggage in a plane (so follows the rules of the bag dimensions). It is more expensive, but you do get your money's worth and good protection and convenience.

A primary purpose for my backpack is so nobody knows what I'm carrying. Anything less isn't acceptable for me, not even a picture of a drone, and definitely not a DJI logo. If anyone asks me what I'm carrying, it's camera equipment.
I agree with your main idea, but I definitely wouldn't tell people it's camera equipment either. Bad guys who see drones as easy money see camera equipment as easier money, as they can sell the items faster. When they see a large bag and they think it is filled with camera equipment, I think it makes it a bigger target.

My suggestion is that your bag looks nothing like a drone or camera bag. Disguised it as something else somehow.

This isn't an real suggestion but more of a way out there hypothetical, but I think you'd want your drone (or camera) bag to look more like a diaper bag type backpack than a traditional drone (or camera) bag. Who wants to steal those?

And actually that's not a bad idea. I just looked some up and a lot look like my drone bag. Semi rigid. Multiple pockets. Just need to sew on some "baby" style patches to my bag, maybe some baby buttons like "World's Best Grandpa" or "It's a boy/girl/'yet to be determined gender neutral child'" (you know, for those who are sensitive about that stuff.). Have a pack of baby wipes sticking out of the side mesh pocket. I think I just found my new drone bag disguise!

Reactions: Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl